Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How do I create a report detailing all of the future unassigned hours?

Level 4

Hi All,

I would like to create a report that shows me the future unassigned hours across all projects broken down by month by role if possible (but I would settle for the total).

I can see this data in the Workload balancer, but there is no way to total it up. Additionally, until the logic is fixed with the Workload Balancer there is no way to break this out by role. It allows you to filter by role, but if there is more than one role type assigned to a task, it displays all of the planned hours for that task, not just the hours assigned to that role on the task.

Anyway, looking for a quick way to get the number of unassigned hours, by month in the future. This is to help with planning for hiring, etc.

Any help would be great.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi Kris,

Given your "quick" requirement (although I suspect there's more to consider), I'd suggest you try creating an Assignment Report of those Tasks (and/or Issues) that have a Role but no User (yet), grouped by Role and Month, and summing the hours (by Role/Month) in case that is Good Enough for what you need.

Alternatively, in order to accurately and quickly visualize where you need to hire or..."redistribute" (Love Actually deep cut) to the Month, Week, or even Day level, I invite you to consider our Capacity Charts, Heatmap, and Resource Contouring solutions, all of which run in real time from within Workfront, and the latter of which even allows you to adjust your plans.

Regards,

Doug