Expand my Community achievements bar.

How do I change date format

Level 3
Hello Community! Can we format the dates globally so it's listed as DD-MMM-YYYY - or 16-JAN-2017? This will hopefully help clear up any confusion in WF. This format can be used within a Project > Task View or Report view. Wondering if anyone knows of any $$variables that can be leveraged? The following URL is what had been found online help section but didn't get what we were looking for, hoping someone has a solution. Setting date format to your locale Setting your browser to display the date format based on your local https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/236045368-Setting-date-format-to-your-locale
6 Replies

Level 10
Hi Joe, I like your idea, but I'm not aware of such a global setting for date formats. I typically choose the appropriate mask when I drop a date column into a view (out of habit), and would expect it to take precedence in any event. Regards, Doug

Level 10
Hi: Dates are stored a particular way, we’ll never change that. It’s all about changing how the date is presented. Do you want to see the date format different on WorkFront Screens? Do you want the date to be different in Reports? Thanks, Eric

Level 3
Hi Doug! I tried to search for "Mask" within help docs but didn't find anything. How do you format 'mask' dates? Best regards - Joe

Level 3
Hi Lucas, Thanks for your response! This format can be used within a Project > Task View or Report view. I thought there would be more options available, but I'll explore any options to format dates. Best regards, - Joe

Level 10
Ah: sorry Joe, I meant "mask" in the generic sense of the word. To be more specific, what I'm referring to (when formatting a date column on a view) is to click the Advanced Options column on the top right, then click the Field Format label and choose the appropriate date format (aka mask), such as 10/17/16, 10-Oct-2016, etc. For a comprehensive list of formats you can apply in text mode, I invite you to refer to https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/224231847-Value-Format-fields-for-text-mode-views Regards, Doug

Level 3
Ah I see, Many Thanks for the link I'll see if we can agree on one of these formats provided on the link! Kind regards, - Joe