Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How do I allow view project access to all, but limit documents tab access

Level 2
Hi, I am looking for recommendations for the best way to allow users to view a project, but limit access to see the documents tab (or documents within it) to only those who are listed as project users. Any ideas? Thanks, Marshall Marshall Comden Plantronics, Inc.
2 Replies

Level 7
You could use access levels or layout templates to limit that view, but those both would be universal for that user type and not specific to the staffing on a project. Other than those two methods, I do not believe there is an option to limit document access to project staff only. I'll be interested to see if anyone has found a solution for this scenario. Brandon Pritchard System Administrator iNHouse Marketing - Nationwide pritcb1@nationwide.com

Level 6
It's not the most elegant, but one way you can do it (just a for an individual project) is go to the documents tab of that project, select all documents (click first one then shift+click the last) then click the 'sharing' button in the tool bar above, then remove inherited permissions. Make sure to add back in the groups/users who do need permission. Sean