Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How can I show a column form a Proof Approval Report on a Document Approval Report?

Level 2

I have created a Document Approval report for users to see all the documents that they have been requested to approve. It shows the document name, who sent it to them, the date it was requested and a document thumbnail. I have filter that shows only document approvals that are pending.

I am wanting to add the column of Proof Deadline from the Document Approval Report so users can see the deadline that was set in the workflow section of the document. I have tried to use the API Explorer and the reference fields for Document Version, but my text mode skills are a little rusty and I am having trouble using the correct syntax. From the training. I remember when creating text mode statements, you reference related objects by inputting the reference name, colon, and field camel case for the second object.

My text looks like this:

displayname=

linkedname=document:documentVersion

namekey=view.relatedcolumn

namekeyargkey.0=documentVersion

namekeyargkey.1=proofDeadlineDate

querysort=documentVersion:proofDeadlineDate

textmode=true

valuefield=documentVersion:proofDeadlineDate

valueformat=atDate

Please let me know what I am doing wrong or is it even possible to do?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi - for referencing (when you can use the colon), it needs to be with something the object has a one-to-one relationship with.

You were close, but a document can have multiple versions. Usually that would mean that we would have to use a collection, but documents are special. They have the ability to reference currentVersion.

Try this...

displayname=Proof Deadline

querysort=currentVersion:proofDeadlineDate

textmode=true

valuefield=currentVersion:proofDeadlineDate

valueformat=atDate

Level 2

@Anthony Imgrund‚

Thank you for the suggestion. I appreciate time you took to look at my issue. I tried your syntax, but unfortunately it did not return any data. I am testing this in Preview, but that should not matter, correct?

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Level 10

Hi Joseph, just to confirm, you are using a document report and the current version of the proof has a deadline?

Here is what I see...

0694X00000IAfvxQAD.png

Level 2

That code didn't work for me either. I'm using a Document Version report. Can you update it for that type of report?