Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Fusion: Delimiter in filters

Level 7

How do I separate/delimit multiple project status within a single line without relying on the use of an OR condition? Currently, I'm using OR condition (1 status in each section), but the ask is to mention them in same line using a delimiter. Is this possible? I have tried comma and pipe. Thanks!

_Manish_Singh_2-1679667761364.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
11 Replies

Level 10

In a report filter, you would use a tab character "CUR" tab "ONH" tab ect.

That may work in Fusion as well. Sometimes it's difficult to insert a tab in a browser based field though as that usually just tabs to the next field.

If tyou test this, please report back so it may help others.

Level 7

After testing I can confirm applying tabs between status doesn't work. Thank you.

Community Advisor

If I recall correctly, you can do it with comma delimiters, and then change Not equal to either "Not In" or "Does not contain", I can't remember which.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This works.

Screenshot 2023-03-24 130856.png

Level 10

Hi @ChrisStephens, thanks for this. Your example uses a filter. Have you ever tried something like this in a project search? I tried your example and it doesn't work there. The only way I got it to work was to use an or filter and repeat the Company ID filter, any thoughts?

Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 1.01.46 pm.jpg

Level 7

Same question 

I was trying project search today morning, the tip says consider using In/Not In operator, but that doesn't seem like working.

_Manish_Singh_0-1679940605505.png

Level 7

To test how project search works, I used API call in postman. Below are my findings:

1) When I use status as two separate params, it gives results successfully as shown below

_Manish_Singh_1-1679942416371.png

2) But, when I use status separated by comma (,), it returns empty list

_Manish_Singh_2-1679942615429.png

It looks like we need to use OR in this case, because In/Not In doesn't work

Level 10

I posted the question over on Make's help site. Maybe someone over there knows the answer.

Community Advisor

That's correct, in the API call you have to create the OR filters, as you've described. A while back I thought this was bugged and asked Workfront and they're response was that it's functioning as intended. So now, for me at least, if I only include the unique filters in the GET request and then use a filter immediately after to filter out my optional parameters.

Level 10

That seems to be the only way to do it at this point. Unfortunately, this method returns a lot of records that just need to be filtered out later. Not very efficient so hopefully it gets adressed at some point.

Thanks for noodling with it to find a solution though!