Expand my Community achievements bar.

Fusion - Adding New Document Version To Existing Document

Level 2

Hello,

I've seen the following previous threads on this subject:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-fusion-2-0-questions/creating-a-document-...

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68034727/add-new-version-of-an-existing-document-in-wrkfront-thr...

My understanding is that you would need to upload the new document via a Custom API call, retrieve the handle and use the handle to place the file on an existing document as a new version, using a PUT request?

I'm also wondering if you can upload documents from Workfront Fusion using Custom API calls? I can't seem to figure out how you would go about defining what file it is that you are wishing to upload.

If anyone has examples of this working in the wild they'd be willing to share, I'd be really appreciative.

Cheers,

Josh

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Joshua,

Not sure if you were able to move forward or not but wanted to provide some input.  The upload document module allows for document version as a type, thus you could have the document id of the original upload to reference to allow versions to be "stacked" on top of it through Fusion.

You can use the upload document and download document modules in Fusion to work with documents going into or out of your Workfront instance.  Thus the documents will be in your Workfront instance at some point.

The modules grab the binary data so it doesn't need to have you define a specific file type when its downloading or uploading a document to Workfront.  Maybe I provided some clarity   or not?

Level 2

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for your reply.

I've been out of office for a few days, so still catching up on many things on my to do list!

What you've mentioned makes sense to me, I'll have a go with it when I next get a chance and report back on this thread.

Kind Regards,

Joshua.

Level 2

Hello Kurt,

Really happy to confirm that this works - document versions is the way to go!

For reference of anyone else interested, this is the Upload Document module, using 'Document Version' as the related record type. The ID I use is the ID of the existing document I wish to attach a new version to.

Kind Regards,

Joshua.