Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Duplicating a proof with redlines

Level 2
I am wondering if there is a way to duplicate a proof within a project. I would like to duplicate the proof, all of the versions and the redlines within the proof. Is this possible? Thanks Martina Schatzman Integra LifeSciences
4 Replies

Level 10
Hi - Not that I know of. Copy just copies the document not the proof that is attached. Just because I'm nosy by nature: what use case do you have where you need the proof duplicated? We've been using the integrated proof for years now and that has never come up. Just curious. ;) Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 10
I could definitely see a use for copying proofs with the markups when there are versions to create. It would be a real timesaver to simply copy the proof (with any comments), and markup what the differences would be for the other versions – for example we do consumer and trade versions for each brochure. The differences are slight, but we always wait until we have the final, clean, no more comments proof before marking it up to create the trade version. When something is running late, being able to copy the proof and get ahead of this (without losing any of the final edits) would be a real timesaver.

Level 2
I design packaging for medical devices and some of the files are identical except for one change. We would like to redline 1 file and duplicate it for 15 projects and we can add on additional comments from there. Only way around it is to copy the project with the proof and the comments and then change the project to be specific to the product but that can be too risky. =] Martina Schatzman Integra LifeSciences

Level 2
I agree! I work in a similar way. We have to wait till we have 1 final file without comments then move on to the rest from there. I hear a lot of complaining when such similar files have to be redlined 15 different times. Martina Schatzman Integra LifeSciences