Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

How to show in a report if a comment is the first comment in a thread

Level 2

Hi All,

Trying to determine if there's a way within a note report or a proof report to see if a comment added to a document/proof is the first comment in the thread?  Looking to generate a column with this note report that shows if the comment listed is the first comment of thread. Ideally the column would be called "First Comment" and it would display either Yes or No in the row.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think probably the field that would show this would be the parent note ID. If this field is blank, then there is no parent (so it's the first comment). Probably the simplest thing for you to do would be to add it as a column and then use the column rules functionality to add additional formatting so that if that field isn't blank, you can add a little icon like red vs green dots or flags.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think probably the field that would show this would be the parent note ID. If this field is blank, then there is no parent (so it's the first comment). Probably the simplest thing for you to do would be to add it as a column and then use the column rules functionality to add additional formatting so that if that field isn't blank, you can add a little icon like red vs green dots or flags.

Level 2

Thanks Skye!  this is exactly what I was looking for.