Expand my Community achievements bar.

Custom form field in a valueexpression calculation format?

Level 2
I have been trying to get a value expression to pull either the owner or a field from a custom form but I keep getting blanks and I have to believe this is a simple formatting error I am making. The below formulas are what I was using just as a test to debug the issue. The last formula shows more what I am really trying to do. This Works: displayname=testing linkedname=direct namekey=OwnerID querysort=OwnerID textmode=true valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({resolveProjectID}),{owner},{owner}) valueformat=customDataLabelsAsString This doesn't work: displayname=testing linkedname=direct namekey=OwnerID querysort=OwnerID textmode=true valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({resolveProjectID}),{Custom Primary Contact Name},{Custom Primary Contact Name}) valueformat=customDataLabelsAsString This is what I started with but also doesn't work: displayname=testing linkedname=direct namekey=OwnerID querysort=OwnerID textmode=true valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({Custom Primary Contact Name}),{owner},{Custom Primary Contact Name}) valueformat=customDataLabelsAsString Donald Lay Charles Schwab
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
Please try changing your text to this: displayname=testing textmode=true valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({resolveProjectID}),{ DE: Custom Primary Contact Name},{ DE: Custom Primary Contact Name}) valueformat= HTML Also, are you trying to grab the resolving project's "Custom Primary Contact Name" if a resolving project exists? If so, you'll want to do this: displayname=testing textmode=true valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({resolveProjectID}),{ DE: Custom Primary Contact Name},{resolveProject}.{ DE: Custom Primary Contact Name}) valueformat= HTML

Former Community Member
Is there anywhere on this site or in their section that provides a simple set of examples or a primer on what the syntax would be for creating a calculation by calling a field or custom field? I have been trying to create a calculation on a view that will compare whether a field is blank or not. For example, I want to use the Resolving Task's Planned Completion Date if one exits else just use the Issue Planned Completion Date. This is what I have so far: displayname=Date Due textmode=true valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({resolveTask:plannedCompletionDate}),{plannedCompletionDate},{resolveTask:plannedCompletionDate}) valueformat=HTML I'm feeling that the call of the resolving Task completion date may be incorrect. Is there anywhere that this is covered? Hector Adame Charles Schwab