Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Read Only Fields or Labels on Custom Forms

Level 2
Hi All I'm hoping some one has thought about this issue before. We have successfully integrated our ERP system with Workfront using the Workfront APIs (v10.0) and the subscription API. The use case is this (vastly simplified): Employee does something in our ERP which triggers an event that creates an issue in Workfront with custom fields. Employee (maybe not the same one) goes does something else and when done changes the status and the subscription API runs and notifies our ERP system. A couple of the data fields that come down (e.g. customer number, product id) should not be changed otherwise we will not be able to match it up on the return trip. Since I'm a fan of being proactive, is there a way to display this data in our Workfront custom form so that the employee can not change? Thanks, Tim Tim Shenton
2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Tim, Yes absolutely. What we do is put those fields in a separate Section and then configure the settings to allow them to View the fields, but only Admin can edit. See attached. Let me know if that helps.

Level 2
Thanks Vic. Works like a champ and this just what we needed! Tim Shenton