Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Default View for a project template rather than a layout template

Level 3

Is it possible to set a default view or grouping that is used by any user viewing the project after it is created? 

I know you can use the layout template to default a view, but we have some users that need to see custom data that is determined by the project template type being used, rather than their user group. Is this possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Unfortunately, no. 

Earlier this year Adobe indicated they would change the term "view" to "columns" and introduce a new control called "view." The new view control would be a preset combination of filters, columns, and groupings. They did not indicate that the new view control could or would be set at the template level, but customers did express their desire for such functionality to be included if Adobe moved forward with the new view control. 

Haven't heard much about it since, so it may or may not still be planned. 

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Unfortunately, no. 

Earlier this year Adobe indicated they would change the term "view" to "columns" and introduce a new control called "view." The new view control would be a preset combination of filters, columns, and groupings. They did not indicate that the new view control could or would be set at the template level, but customers did express their desire for such functionality to be included if Adobe moved forward with the new view control. 

Haven't heard much about it since, so it may or may not still be planned. 

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

Level 3

Awesome, thanks for the quick answer! That helps us design around some of the team level config we're doing right now. The same templates need variable views depending on the working team that is interacting with them.

Community Advisor

I really hope WF reconsiders this. We have grown our number of views that are relevant for specific projects and we are constantly reminding people to update their view in certain projects in order to put in correct task info (have custom form info brought into specific views). Really want to be able to set default views for projects that overrides the default set in layout templates if there is one specified.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )