Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Custom Form / Project Template Report

Level 5

Hi there! I'm trying to create a view or report that will show me which custom forms are tied to each of our project templates (vise versa) and can't seem to figure out a solution. Is this possible?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi Kasey -

You can use this textmode code on a Template report to show all custom forms associated with each template.

displayname=Custom Forms

linkedname=direct

namekey=category.name

tile.name=component.objectcategories

valuefield=objectcategoriesNamesString

valueformat=HTML

viewalias=category.name

Hope this helps,

Teale

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi Kasey -

You can use this textmode code on a Template report to show all custom forms associated with each template.

displayname=Custom Forms

linkedname=direct

namekey=category.name

tile.name=component.objectcategories

valuefield=objectcategoriesNamesString

valueformat=HTML

viewalias=category.name

Hope this helps,

Teale

Level 3

It it possible that you have code that can also show us who the project is shared with once a template is converted to a project? I see the code for "template shared with", but would really like to be able to see who the project is shared with in a report, too, instead of having to open each one and see.

Level 5

Thank you so much, this worked perfectly!

Level 3

It it possible that you have code that can also show us who the project is shared with once a template is converted to a project? I see the code for "template shared with", but would really like to be able to see who the project is shared with in a report, too, instead of having to open each one and see.

Level 7

Hi Kelly,

You can see who the project is shared with in a project report by pulling the "Shared With" field into a new column.

Hope this helps,

Teale

Level 1

Is it possible to view the Project sharing on a template report?

I went through the exercise of grabbing the text mode from the project report, to see if I could adapt it. But the issue is, I don't know how to clarify that it's the project component I'm trying to see the sharing for and not the template component. 

Here's the code I got from Project report_Template_Shared with:

viewalias=template:shared

displayname=

linkedname=template

namekey=view.relatedcolumn

namekeyargkey.0=template

namekeyargkey.1=shared

valuefield=template:sharedListString

valueformat=HTML

tile.name=component.sharedList

I have a column called Template Sharing on the template report and the code is almost identical:

displayname=Template Sharing

linkedname=direct

namekey=shared

tile.name=component.sharedList

valuefield=sharedListString

valueformat=HTML

viewalias=shared

Let me know if you have any insights on how to achieve this. 

Thanks, 

Admin_SF