Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Cookbook recipe highlight: Team Members Tasks By Project (Ready to Start)

Employee

One of the ten recipes in the Adobe Workfront Customer Reporting Cookbook, “Team Members Tasks By Project (Ready to Start)” submitted by @Benetta Perry‚ from Automatic Payroll Systems, Inc (APS), makes it so each day, new and experienced team members alike will know what tasks are ready for them to perform, the due dates of each task, and which project the task belongs to. In addition, project managers will be able to see which tasks are late. Find it on page 8 of the cookbook!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Community Advisor

I personally love those recipe websites where there's a nice long story at the start before you even get to the recipe, and I think this is probably one such recipe that could benefit from a little more backstory.

The most interesting thing about the recipe is the creation of the custom status. It puts one more thing into the Project Owner's list of to-do's [which is now they have to come back and change that status whenever the task is ready to start]. There's no way to automatically set a task to this custom status without the use of fusion, so this is something a Project Owner has to do manually. It's the equivalent of a recipe that starts with an instruction to "make your own phyllo dough" -- time-consuming and best left for rainy Saturdays. And some customers just like rainy Saturdays!

We have thousands of projects -- so tens of thousands of tasks, and this wouldn't be a workable solution in our company. However, Workfront is very customizable and different customers have different uses. For a more high volume shop I would suggest using a more automated solution like using store-bought phyllo, or combining use of the Task "Can Start" field, and task predecessors.

Level 10

I also liked the report My Work, ready to Start.

Thank you @Kyna Baker - inactive‚ for sharing this cookbook.

Do you have any recommendation about how to collect info about planned hours for this year quarter wise? This visualization with respect to project under each portfolio. I tried by Task report, with adding criteria for task start date & completion date this year. The reason to select Task type report, because many projects started last year and before last year. But, NO SUCCESS.

Even Workfront consultants did not succeeded till yet.

Still looking for some recommendation.

Mvh

Kundan.

Employee

Hi @Kundan Kumar, this sounds like a great question to ask on it's own thread so we can get people looking at it!

br

Thanks,

Kyna

Level 10

Hi @Kyna Baker - inactive‚

How we can take help in this community as a thread?

Mvh

Kundan.

Employee

Hi Kundan,

I meant that you should post this question as it's own question, or in other words, a new thread. Combining new questions onto existing threads can get confusing, so it's best to keep questions together as their own threads.

Thanks so much!

Thanks,

Kyna