Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!
SOLVED

Condition Update Comment Not Showing

Level 1

On some projects, when I utilized the Updates tab on project level, it shows up as a comment under the Condition Update field, however, there are some projects that I work on that the comments don't appear. I tested it out with my team member who is the owner of those projects, and they have the same issue, so I know it is not because I'm not a project owner that my comments don't appear. Can anyone provide assistance on how I can get this problem fixed? Is it a permission issue? Because on some projects, the comments show up under the Condition Update with no problem, and others it doesn't show up.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Are you the project owner on both projects?

• Last Condition Note: Displays the update last entered on an object by the owner of the object. This field is helpful to display the owner’s most recent activity or interaction on an object.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @helenavu - Are you only able to see the comments in which you are tagged / added on? If so, it would be a permission issue. Or are you adding comments and not tagging someone and they can't see what you said? There is an access level setting that enables users only to see tagged comments.

Let me know if that isn't what you meant though!

Level 1

@VictoriaLinn I am adding the comments and not tagging anyone, but when I look at my condition update column, some of the updates show up, while others don't. I tried the updates with the project owners as well, but the project's condition update shows the condition but not the update note. 

Level 3

Hi, If you are looking for a column "condition update" in a project report, choosing "project --> condition update" should show any latest updates made on the project comments/ update section. 

Level 1

@Sujatha_TS I do have the condition update in a project report and as part of my project board view, however, some of my update notes show up on some projects, and other projects don't. I don't know why it does that.

Level 1

Example on what I see on the condition update. I updated both projects but only one shows my notes.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Are you the project owner on both projects?

• Last Condition Note: Displays the update last entered on an object by the owner of the object. This field is helpful to display the owner’s most recent activity or interaction on an object.

Community Advisor

Actually ignore me, you said you tested the owner being the issue. Now I'm curious what causes it. I'll do some testing on my end to see if I can find anything. 

Level 1

Just wondering can Resource Managers also update the project's last condition note?

Community Advisor

I would assume owner would be the owner of the object where the update was being posted, so project, task, issue, etc. In that case, the resource manager wouldn't be the owner so it wouldn't be considered a "condition update"

Level 1

@KellieGardner I guess it takes a while for Workfront to update the condition status for some projects, because it now shows the project owner's update comments. It is random on how long it takes to show up, sometimes real quick, and sometimes a while. But you are correct, it only shows the project owner's and no one else's updates in the column. So thank you!