Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Classic vs. NWE: User Report + Environment + Layout Template

Level 10

As we move from Classic to NWE, trying to get our User reports to help us, but having issues:

1. How do I get a column that tells me if the user's account is set for Classic or NWE?
  2. How do I get a column that shows a user's layout template regardless of whether they are in Classic vs. NWE? "layoutTemplate:name" doesn't seem to work if the user is in NWE with one layout template, but was in a different one in Classic first.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I have a pretty comprehensive User Report regarding UI and layout.

Screenshot and text mode below:

0694X00000DVI10QAH.png

displayname=Classic Layout

linkedname=layoutTemplate

namekey=view.relatedcolumn

namekeyargkey.0=layoutTemplate

namekeyargkey.1=name

querysort=layoutTemplate:name

textmode=true

valuefield=layoutTemplate:name

valueformat=HTML

displayname=Classic Layout Applied by

textmode=true

valueexpression=IF(!ISBLANK({layoutTemplateID}),"User Profile",IF(ISBLANK({layoutTemplateID})&&!ISBLANK({role}.{layoutTemplateID}),"Primary Role",IF(ISBLANK({layoutTemplateID})&&ISBLANK({role}.{layoutTemplateID})&&!ISBLANK({homeTeam}.{layoutTemplateID}),"Home Team",IF(ISBLANK({layoutTemplateID})&&ISBLANK({role}.{layoutTemplateID})&&ISBLANK({homeTeam}.{layoutTemplateID})&&!ISBLANK({homeGroup}.{layoutTemplateID}),"Home Group"))))

valueformat=HTML

displayname=NWE

image.case.0.comparison.icon=true

image.case.0.comparison.leftmethod=hasQuicksilver

image.case.0.comparison.lefttext=hasQuicksilver

image.case.0.comparison.operator=eq

image.case.0.comparison.operatortype=boolean

image.case.0.comparison.righttext=true

image.case.0.comparison.truetext=/static/img/r15/icons/casebuilder/light_green.gif

image.case.1.comparison.icon=true

image.case.1.comparison.leftmethod=hasQuicksilver

image.case.1.comparison.lefttext=hasQuicksilver

image.case.1.comparison.operator=eq

image.case.1.comparison.operatortype=boolean

image.case.1.comparison.righttext=false

image.case.1.comparison.truetext=/static/img/r15/icons/casebuilder/light_red.gif

querysort=hasQuicksilver

textmode=true

usewidths=true

valuefield=hasQuicksilver

valueformat=booleanMessage

width=50

UI | NWE Layout

Select effectiveUITemplate >> Name

displayname=NWE Layout Applied by

textmode=true

valueexpression=IF(!ISBLANK({uiTemplate}),"User Profile",IF(ISBLANK({uiTemplate})&&!ISBLANK({role}.{uiTemplate}),"Primary Role",IF(ISBLANK({uiTemplate})&&ISBLANK({role}.{uiTemplate})&&!ISBLANK({homeTeam}.{uiTemplate}),"Home Team",IF(ISBLANK({uiTemplate})&&ISBLANK({role}.{uiTemplate})&&ISBLANK({homeTeam}.{uiTemplate})&&!ISBLANK({homeGroup}.{uiTemplate}),"Home Group"))))

valueformat=HTML

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Community Advisor

I asked a similar question to Support last year (why is my layout template report showing differently depending on whether I am in NWE v Classic) and the answer at that time was that there's no way to run a report that shows layout templates from both experiences at the same time.

Correct answer by
Level 10

I have a pretty comprehensive User Report regarding UI and layout.

Screenshot and text mode below:

0694X00000DVI10QAH.png

displayname=Classic Layout

linkedname=layoutTemplate

namekey=view.relatedcolumn

namekeyargkey.0=layoutTemplate

namekeyargkey.1=name

querysort=layoutTemplate:name

textmode=true

valuefield=layoutTemplate:name

valueformat=HTML

displayname=Classic Layout Applied by

textmode=true

valueexpression=IF(!ISBLANK({layoutTemplateID}),"User Profile",IF(ISBLANK({layoutTemplateID})&&!ISBLANK({role}.{layoutTemplateID}),"Primary Role",IF(ISBLANK({layoutTemplateID})&&ISBLANK({role}.{layoutTemplateID})&&!ISBLANK({homeTeam}.{layoutTemplateID}),"Home Team",IF(ISBLANK({layoutTemplateID})&&ISBLANK({role}.{layoutTemplateID})&&ISBLANK({homeTeam}.{layoutTemplateID})&&!ISBLANK({homeGroup}.{layoutTemplateID}),"Home Group"))))

valueformat=HTML

displayname=NWE

image.case.0.comparison.icon=true

image.case.0.comparison.leftmethod=hasQuicksilver

image.case.0.comparison.lefttext=hasQuicksilver

image.case.0.comparison.operator=eq

image.case.0.comparison.operatortype=boolean

image.case.0.comparison.righttext=true

image.case.0.comparison.truetext=/static/img/r15/icons/casebuilder/light_green.gif

image.case.1.comparison.icon=true

image.case.1.comparison.leftmethod=hasQuicksilver

image.case.1.comparison.lefttext=hasQuicksilver

image.case.1.comparison.operator=eq

image.case.1.comparison.operatortype=boolean

image.case.1.comparison.righttext=false

image.case.1.comparison.truetext=/static/img/r15/icons/casebuilder/light_red.gif

querysort=hasQuicksilver

textmode=true

usewidths=true

valuefield=hasQuicksilver

valueformat=booleanMessage

width=50

UI | NWE Layout

Select effectiveUITemplate >> Name

displayname=NWE Layout Applied by

textmode=true

valueexpression=IF(!ISBLANK({uiTemplate}),"User Profile",IF(ISBLANK({uiTemplate})&&!ISBLANK({role}.{uiTemplate}),"Primary Role",IF(ISBLANK({uiTemplate})&&ISBLANK({role}.{uiTemplate})&&!ISBLANK({homeTeam}.{uiTemplate}),"Home Team",IF(ISBLANK({uiTemplate})&&ISBLANK({role}.{uiTemplate})&&ISBLANK({homeTeam}.{uiTemplate})&&!ISBLANK({homeGroup}.{uiTemplate}),"Home Group"))))

valueformat=HTML

Level 4

@Randy Roberts‚ I love your report so much! Thank you for sharing it.

I'm not getting any information to show in the NWE Layout template column, though.

• Some users that are in NWE have the Classic Layout name showing (in the Classic Layout column)
  • Other users that are in NWE don't show anything in the Classic Layout column, or in the NWE Layout column

Any idea on what I’m missing? Perhaps I need to assign users to the layout templates differently?

I will mention that all of my NWE layout templates were migrated from classic.

Thank you, Cathy0694X00000FTv4qQAD.jpg

Level 10

I have some of that going on as well. It has something to do with (some of) the Classic layouts are inaccessible in NWE. If the user is viewing a layout made in Classic (even if it's viewable in NWE), it won't show in that column. And of course some users may not have a layout at all. I don't fully understand the how's or why's but when you go fully NWE, it will resolve itself. Maybe someone knows more about it and can chime in here.

I think for that first one, if you go assign an NWE layout to that persons role, it will show up.

There is a hierarchy in the way layouts are handed out. User takes precedence over role, which takes precedence over team, which takes precedence over group.

I have assigned a general layout to all groups. Then I assign Role based layouts to all roles, (this trumps groups), then if certain users need certain things I will assign a user layout (which trumps roles, teams and groups). I pretty much ignore team layouts, but you don't have to. I prefer users have role based layouts so all Client Services see the same thing, as do creatives, editors, etc.

Doing it this way ensures all users at least have a layout.

Community Advisor

hi Cathy,

NWE: Can you show with textmode what you have in the UI NWE Layout column? It feels like perhaps you didn't realize that Randy's instructions in that column were to pick a specific field out of standard mode, and that you may have verbatim copied his instructions to do so and pasted them into text mode by mistake.

Classic: Classic layout templates work differently from NWE, so Randy's instructions will not cause all of them to display. This older post might give you some clues as to how the Classic layout templates work, and the text mode you are looking for is at the bottom of the thread in columns 2 and 3.

https://one.workfront.com/s/question/0D50z00006Px40yCAB/users-by-layout-template-cld5-questions

cc: @Kyna Baker - inactive‚ -- can we get this textmode cleaned up a bit? I was not able to find a better sample because I didn't look very hard, but this one popped to the top of the list while I was hunting.

Level 4

@Skye Hansen‚ Ugh, that is exactly what I did! 😩 You pointed it out so nicely, though! I just thought it was some code I've never heard of before...

I'll need to spend some time tomorrow figuring out the field to use for the NWE layout template being used, and absorbing the info in the link you provided.

Thank you!

Community Advisor

Kyna is working to edit the textmode in the old post so that it comes through with linebreaks, so that's good timing on your part. It should be ready for you to copy and paste in the next few days or so. If you find another problem please come back and ask!