Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Can "Remove system-wide access" be a DEFAULT?

Level 10

I have a template. I create a project from that template. On EACH project that I create, I have to remember to "remove system-wide access". Is there a way to set this as the default?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Here is the solution - for anyone coming across this.

After you create the project from the template, make the sharing what you need it to be, click on make this my project template. Any future projects you create from THIS template will automatically have those settings. I needed to do this for EACH template that I create a project from - only time however. This totally solved my problem.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 8

Hi Benetta, 2 things to check.

First, in the template go to Template Actions -> Template Sharing, click on the settings in the upper right, and make sure the option says 'Make this visible system wide' (that means that it is not visible system wide). If it says 'Remove system-wide access' click that, and Save which will remove that setting.

If it already says 'Make this visible system-wide', then it's possible you saved that setting under "Set as my project access template". You can set this when sharing a project and going to the settings. See more info here in the "To define the project access template" section.

Level 10

I read this entire article but I'm still confused. The template is not visible system wide. Now when I do create a project from it - then i have to manually remove system-wide access - is this article saying, that I can set that project as the project default - so that when I create another project from that template, then the new project will already have remove system-wide access set?

Community Advisor

I think when you go into your template you want to go to Template Actions > Project Sharing (not Template Sharing) and check the system-wide access. Project Sharing in the template actions allows you to set who can see any project created from that template.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Here is the solution - for anyone coming across this.

After you create the project from the template, make the sharing what you need it to be, click on make this my project template. Any future projects you create from THIS template will automatically have those settings. I needed to do this for EACH template that I create a project from - only time however. This totally solved my problem.

Thanks.

Level 8

Hi Benetta, every time you save the sharing template, it overwrites the previous settings. I'm glad you found the setting though!

Level 10

Bringing this to the top because I think this is my access issue. I can change my million templates (sheesh) but how do you mass change all existing projects to remove them from being visible system wide? I see no way to do this as a mass change, only one by one.

Level 10

Adding in a note for the record. I just tested the recommended action of resaving templates to capture the sharing/access settings properly. I changed the share settings in a template, and when I made a project from the template, it was shared the way I expected, so I think this has been fixed.

Employee

So good to know it's been fixed! Thanks for testing, I'm so glad you found your issue!