Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Changing of Default Proof Roles?

Level 4

One of our power users suddenly couldn't share proofs, or tag others in proofs, and we discovered his default proof role was changed from 'moderator' to 'reviewer/approver'. Actually, when we looked at him from the User list view in proof, it stated 'reviewer/approver' but clicking into his profile, it said 'moderator'. Through trial and error, we switched the default role to something else, then switched it back to 'moderator' and it held.

Then we looked at others, and they were also switched away from 'moderator', so we have to fix all of them too.

Anyone else experience this? My only guess is that it somehow happened with the recent release and changes to proof.

Thanks, James

3 Replies

Level 4

Hey all, if anyone else is experiencing this, I called support, and it's a known issue that will be fixed in an upcoming release. Also, my workaround is only a temporary fix. Roles may revert back again after weekly patches (which happened to me). Hope that helps, James

Level 8

We have this same issue and it has been creating a lot of headaches for our teams. We are having our teams manually change the roles each time on proofs, which is not efficient. I have switched default roles multiple times to the correct role and it then goes back to a reviewer role and not the Author role that we need. I have asked for a date on when this fix will be in place and have been told from support they do not have a day yet.

Level 4

Thanks Kiersten for posting this and for contacting support. Hopefully they can push out a fix very soon. Causing some inefficiencies on our end too for sure.