Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!
SOLVED

Can I make a calculated filed a specific width?

Level 4

Our team requested the issue details be moved over overview so they could collect the specifics needed to complete the request quickly. Once that change was made the next questions was "Is there a way to I have the description above the custom form"?

I added a calculated custom field to display the description on the top of custom form (only viewable if you have manage issue access). Everything works great and everyone is happy. My only question is can I change the width? Currently, it is approx. 50 characters and that leaves a ton of white space to the right and makes it a much longer unnecessarily.

I've investigated here and haven't found anything related. I'm hoping someone has tried this in the past and knows the answer. TIA =D

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Personally I've only tried to control the width within a report and not a form but one hack you could do is pair another field next to it instead of under it. This would help truncate the width. Hopefully @Doug Den Hoed‚ has some genius rolled under this sleeve! I'll also add @Anthony Imgrund‚ into the conversation since he's done a lot with calculated fields as well.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

Hey Dawnmarie,

That's a great question. I'm tagging a few people who I see providing super insightful responses related to calculated fields, @Doug Den Hoed‚ and @Monique Evans‚ I know you both have been chatting about calculated fields somewhat recently.

I hope this can help!

Kyna

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Personally I've only tried to control the width within a report and not a form but one hack you could do is pair another field next to it instead of under it. This would help truncate the width. Hopefully @Doug Den Hoed‚ has some genius rolled under this sleeve! I'll also add @Anthony Imgrund‚ into the conversation since he's done a lot with calculated fields as well.

Hmm...agreed, Monique: other than what you’ve suggested to occupy some of the extra space, I am not aware of any fearures that allow controlling the width in that particular region. Regards, Doug

Level 10

Yeah, in a calculated field, you just get to pick Text for the format. You don't get to pick the size of the text box like you can with a free text field. Sorry

Level 4

Thank you all! I figured as much. It would be lovely if it could be longer or at least match the "original" description length. I appreciate everyone getting back with your thoughts. =D