Expand my Community achievements bar.

Automatically log the planned hours as actual hours on task?

Level 8
Is it possible for a task to automatically log the planned hours as actual hours on task when it is marked as complete? Reason behind this question is we have sometimes have "small time" tasks that have to be done in a project but only take, for example, 10 minutes (or sometimes even less). Instead of the user having to log the time, by typing in 0.17 hours, it would great it the system would just log it to the assigned user when they hit complete because it was the planned hours. We don't need to be exact on these and seems to be more of a headache for our workers than anything. Fingers crossed this is actually possible. I'd be a Workfront hero if it is :)
1 Reply

Level 4
Hi Matt, Currently there is no way to automatically log planned hours as actual hours, maybe with a custom integration. I know your example is for small time tasks, but I think it would cause problems with oversight for larger scaled work items with many planned hours allocated. Best, Andrew Beard Sr. Associate, LeapPoint "mailto:abeard@leappoint.com" abeard@leappoint.com 203-232-4090