Expand my Community achievements bar.

Customise column titles on a kanban board for an agile team

Level 3

Hi, after working with kanban boards through Workfront Boards for some time and with some success, I now need to integrate with other business processes that manage work at a task level and it makes most sense to set up an agile team and hang a kanban board off the tasks assigned to that team. However I am only being presented with a limited range of options for column titles (eg "In Progress" or "In QA", where I need columns that reflect which team the tasks sit in, "eg "In Progress: CMS".

I assumed I could resolve this by creating a new Group, adding custom task statuses associated with an overall "In Progress" status, creating an agile team within that group and building out the kanban board accordingly, however I'm presented with the same limited column/status options as before.

I'm new to the agile team approach so am likely missing something obvious, but also am about 6 years into Workfront usage, so I'm equally aware it may be "Workfront just doesn't let you do that", as is sometimes the case.

Any guidance, or even confirmation if its' just not possible, appreciated. Thank you!

NB recognising which team the work or QA falls into purely based on assignments isn't a viable solution as team members will work multiple functions and overspill needs to be managed independently by channel.

1 Reply

Level 9

If you are using the Kanban board feature as part of the Agile team setup, the only Status options that can be supported are locked System Status level ones. This is because the Tasks/Issues that flow into those boards can come from theoretically anywhere within the instance, so the status options must be available to all groups as well. 

See the Important note here, about halfway down the page: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/workfront/using/agile/agile-in-workfront/configure-kanban

If you need the full ability to make completely custom columns, then going the Board route and using intake filters would be a better option. Those have their own drawbacks, so it's sometimes a balancing act of functionality.