Expand my Community achievements bar.

As per request, add to community by Workfront support - Workfront task status

Level 1
Firstly: I find this extremely frustrating that something in which is paid for essentially has a policy of pushing people to add to a community in search of an answer when it's kind of obvious it's not possible but needs a push for an idea from a paying customer. I'm not essentially looking for an answer because i'm repeating the call i've had with support (this is in no way a rant against the support of the staff). Ok so you're able to add as many statuses into work front, choose name colour etc right? They have to equate to one of three though. New | In progress | Complete This essentially means there are in fact only three statuses. So if a task needs to be "on Hold" currently it's not (in how we have it setup in config) but I want to say a task on a given persons queue is on hold and therefore not a total of the hours required of them in a given day. When looking at the scheduler I ideally want to see a persons tasks on a day and if those are not ready to start because of a waterfall methodology it can't then that task should be removed from their hours so I can drop in an ad-hoc task. Now currently it equates to complete which is silly because it not only marks it with a tick, I can't then when items are completed see which is which. It is suggested that the project goes on hold, given the nature of our projects this seems like overkill as while we are not entirely agile we can certainly carry on with other areas of the project while something might be on hold for a specific reason we are able to rebook it in what on average appears to be 1 day delay. so moving everything seems very time consuming and un productive. Now if you can add as many statuses as you like why not have them actually mean what you want them to and configure them in some way? Or just add a 4th maybe? (i'd like on hold (removes planned time from person on a given day) but that's just me. *You can apparently filter the scheduling view down also but not by task status so again feels like the custom status falls down here also. If anyone has an answer to this or a work around then more than happy to be proven wrong but I would say you're doing Workfronts job which is commendable as I've found this tool to be all so tiresome. Ben
4 Replies

Level 10
Hi Ben, Although technically separate (but fully integrated with) Workfront, I invite you to consider our "https://store.atappstore.com/product/capacity-charting/" Capacity Chart solution, which (among many other advantages) would allow you to filter out tasks that are on hold. As I mulled over your note, I now agree that "exclude equates with on hold items" could be an elegant way to reduce noise, spot hidden availability, and avoid cumbersome replanning, so (thank you for sharing) I am going to ask our product manager to add it to our next release of Capacity Chart as a client-specific global preference. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore

Level 10
I'd support adding a fourth. I think it's silly that you can't put tasks on hold. Projects and issues can go on hold but tasks can't? Seems like oversight. Additionally I'd like more "status equates with" reporting options (feels like right now "Project Status Equates With" is the only one I get to have? I haven't checked recently but I don't believe there's an equivalent option for tasks...) -skye

Level 10
I'd also support a core On-Hold status for Tasks, however there may be another option coming in the form of custom data filters on the resource management tools. This has been promised for more than a year and I believe it's not too far away now. Once this is available, perhaps you will also be able to filter on Task Status....and if not, you could create a custom field to flag a task as being On Hold, and then use this to exlcude them from the resource reports. David Cornwell

Level 1
This was discussed on my support call. The very idea of creating your custom statuses allows would allow for that minutia in which to filter by.... It's not there though, the support client whilst on a remote to my machine was actually looking for it. But it's not a great solution if you ask me, having 'equates with' so rigid it's just making the whole thing harder than it needs to be. This might be just my situation but with it being promised for over a year is just poor. the business agreement is in place for another 12 months maybe we'll have it just in time to renew but I may as well pay for a monday.com subscription alongside workfront or just employee someone part-time if some of the integrations are being offered at 12k + per year. Ben Fitzgerald TP - Tomorrow People