Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Adding Automatic Calendar Events

Level 2
Looking for information on how to utilize a custom form in projects so that the promotional email send date is automatically added to a Customer Communications calendar. I know this is possible, but i can't seem to figure out how to make it work. Anyone have advice? Jernae Kowallis
7 Replies

Level 10
hi Jernae, the workfront article for creating calendars is here https://experience.workfront.com/s/article/Creating-and-Managing-Calendar-Reports-1669195290 -- it doesn't make it clear enough, but basically you can only add dates to the calendar that have to do with the planned, projected, and actual dates on a task, project and issue. There's no way at the moment, to add a custom form field date. -skye

Level 2
Thank you, Skye! Jernae Kowallis

Level 2
Skye, back when I was with Workfront, Kyna did have some sort of custom form that we attached to Announcement Center Email Requests that, once the custom form was attached, would automatically add the email's requested due date to the calendar. This "How To" doesn't seem to show how to do that. Jernae Kowallis

Employee
Hi Jernae, You're right - we did do this. Here's my attempt to explain what we did: 1. Create a custom form (task based was what we used) with the different channels/details you want to track on the calendar (ours were things like email, webinar, etc). 2. Then we pulled the tasks in that had the custom form attached to them on to the calendar by using the "add advanced items" function. Select Task, find the name of the form (the field is called "label" when you're setting up the custom form), then choose how you want the different fields to display. We had one item per field on the custom form. We had the label on the calendar set to display as the task name. 3. The date that it showed up on the calendar was the due date for the task that the custom form is attached to. 4. Train your users to add that custom form to the right tasks and then they will show up automatically on the calendar. Do you need more detail or is that enough of a reminder? I can try to dig deeper into the explanation if you need! Kyna

Level 10
I think the only detail I would add is that this calendar is filtering on the task (or request?) category id field. This is how it looks in our version: Categories ID = name of your form Project Status Equates with = Active (only looking at requests that are in active projects) Issue Status = New / In Progress (not really interested in closed requests) -skye

Level 2
Yeah, I need a bit more detail. So, my questions are: 1. How do I set up the different channels/details we want to track? So, for instance, we want to track Promotional email send dates and the dates for when the creative assets are DUE for those email campaigns. How do I set that up on the form? Is that using a drop-down field? 2. Where do I put the name of the custom form once I'm in the "Add Advanced items" area? It gives me the option to "Add Tasks." I'm assuming that's what you're talking about when you say "Select Task?" Jernae Kowallis

Level 2
Oh! I see, Skye, you answered one part of that. Categories ID is where I find the form. Gotcha. Jernae Kowallis