Expand my Community achievements bar.

Approvals Report - Can we add a "go to proof" link?

Level 6

I am trying to create a dashboard for our Requestors to have one location to go to for all their pending proof approvals.

I created this (attached). The only problem is if they click on the document name link it will not take them to the proof.

I think this is because they do not have access to our projects where the proof lives.

Is there anyway to make another column in this that would "open proof"?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

10 Replies

Community Advisor

On my approval reports, I renamed the "Document Name" column to say "Document (Click Filename to Open)" that seems to have helped my users. The other thing you can do (I think) is add the document icons column which should include download and open icons

Level 6

Since they don't have access to the project the document lives in, it will not open for them by clicking on the file name. I also just checked and it doesn't give me the option to add the document icon in the report.

Thank you for trying though.

Level 4

Hi, on the report, we added a column called 'Proof link'. And then in the text mode, we have this code.

displayname=Proof Link

shortview=true

textmode=true

valueexpression=CONCAT("https://usanainc.my.workfront.com/document/",{documentVersion}.{ID},"/proof/",{documentVersion}.{proofID},"/view")

valueformat=HTML

That seems to work. You would have to change the url to then your domain of Workfront (bolded). Try this and see if it works!

Level 2

Does this text mode open up the proof in Workfront or ProofHQ? We used this code but all of the links open to a page that says "that document no longer exists."

Level 4

It should open up in Proof. Did you make sure to change the domain to your organization's?

Level 2

Hi! Yes, we changed the domain and ended up configuring it to open in ProofHQ. We weren't sure if we could open up the proof in Workfront in case a user did not have a ProofHQ account.

Level 4

Sorry I'm not much help now. As I understand it, as long as the person has a review license, they should still be able to open it up in Proof. I'm not an expert and couldn't really say why it wouldn't work. Good luck!