Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

Add planned start date to a Program report?

Level 2

Hello! 

Is there a way to add the planned start date of a Project (or the first task in a projects start on date) to a Program Level report?

Please let me know if you need more info! Thank you! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Ah, so that looks like the Reference Number of the Template. So, to get the Template ID, navigate to the template itself and the ID is the number in the URL of that page. So, the text mode below, just swap out the ID for the template you have and it should work (but also should mention this assumes that the same template isn't used multiple times in the program).

displayname=Project Planned Start Dates
listdelimiter=<p>
listmethod=nested(projects).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF({templateID}='ID',{plannedStartDate})
valueformat=HTML

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @lizpowell - You can use a collection text mode to pull in the project-level details to a program report. Here is more information on collections.

This text mode is just the dates:

listdelimiter=<p>
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression={plannedStartDate}
valueformat=HTML

This text mode includes the project names and dates:

listdelimiter=<p>
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=CONCAT({name}," ",{plannedStartDate})
valueformat=HTML

Level 2

Thank you so much! You are a rockstar.

Is there anyway to show just the first start on date for all the projects.

The formulas above are great but they are pulling in all the project start dates. I was wondering if we can only show the start on date for the first project that was opened. This start on date will always be the earliest start on date.

Thanks! 

Community Advisor

Ah, gotcha! Does the first project for the program always the same Project Template ID? If so, can add an IF statement for the valueexpression.

Level 2

Yes! 

I believe this is the template number. ^

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Ah, so that looks like the Reference Number of the Template. So, to get the Template ID, navigate to the template itself and the ID is the number in the URL of that page. So, the text mode below, just swap out the ID for the template you have and it should work (but also should mention this assumes that the same template isn't used multiple times in the program).

listdelimiter=<p>
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF({templateID}='ID',{plannedStartDate})
valueformat=HTML