Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Who has created a document approval (or 2) on document upload?

Level 4

I've seen the thread about creating a proof. I'm assuming that isn't going to work for this scenario. In this case, when my user creates a request, they're going to attach a collection of files and those files need to be reviewed inline with all of our other document approvals. Those are already showing up on a 'reviewer dashboard'.

Before I start digging in to the API and constructing (what I imagine will require) the Custom API Call module I thought I'd check in here to see if anyone has already solved this and could share a blueprint?

Thanks in advance!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Rick,

Thanks for posting the question. I'm kinda surprised that I have never encountered this use case before, but I put together a quick scenario blueprint that does the job. In this attached blueprint, I am watching for new issues (requests) and I could add additional criteria to the first module to only look for ones that meet some specific filter. In the next module, I am grabbing associated documents and, for each document, creating multiple "Document Approvals". You were right, it is a custom api call, but it is a very simple one. In this use case, I've "hard coded" the people to request the approval from, but you could also get that information dynamically.

Note on the custom API call: I've designed this one to create multiple approvals and the body looks like this:

[

{

"documentID":"{{2.ID}}",

"approverID":"5cdeff3000f1f9f4b390af93c0668c7f"

},

{

"approverID":"5fac42e8006a2d8f3380ba7df118cdad"

}

]

If you wanted to just create one approval, it would look like this:

{

}

Hopefully this helps. Cheers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Rick,

Thanks for posting the question. I'm kinda surprised that I have never encountered this use case before, but I put together a quick scenario blueprint that does the job. In this attached blueprint, I am watching for new issues (requests) and I could add additional criteria to the first module to only look for ones that meet some specific filter. In the next module, I am grabbing associated documents and, for each document, creating multiple "Document Approvals". You were right, it is a custom api call, but it is a very simple one. In this use case, I've "hard coded" the people to request the approval from, but you could also get that information dynamically.

Note on the custom API call: I've designed this one to create multiple approvals and the body looks like this:

[

{

},

{

"approverID":"5fac42e8006a2d8f3380ba7df118cdad"

}

]

If you wanted to just create one approval, it would look like this:

{

}

Hopefully this helps. Cheers.

Level 4

Thanks Darin!

Probably hasn't been posted here because it (apparently) is as simple as it gets. I'm always just a touch gunshy when it comes to the Custom API Call module. It would be amazing if it presented a schematized form for constructing the Body of the module based on the URL (eg docapl) you were looking to call. Something like the blueprint you provided for initiating the proof approval.