Expand my Community achievements bar.

[WORKFRONT COMMUNITY QandA COFFEE BREAK] Tuesday April 11th, 8am PT: Get all your post-Adobe SUMMIT Questions Answered by Adobe Workfront Scale Customer Success Team ☕

Administrator

Whether you were in Vegas, streaming from home, or missed it altogether – come join us for this Coffee Break to chat about everything that happened at Summit! Join us for a text-only Q&A Coffee Break discussion in the Adobe Workfront Community on Tuesday, April 11th from 8am PT - 9am PT 

RSVP FOR EVENT REMINDERS

If you missed our last Coffee Break, this text-only event takes place here on the Workfront Experience League Community. Post your questions, hot tips, key takeaways, and favorite Adobe SUMMIT sessions, and let’s chat about them! We’ll be interacting live for that hour, but the conversation will continue! 

For some guidance, here are some sample topics you can ask the Workfront Scale Customer Success team about:

• Questions about Summit Sessions or Labs that you attended that you couldn’t get an answer for
  • Let us know in the comments which Summit Session or Lab was a favorite to see if other members had the same sentiment
  • Give us your feedback on how we can better improve your in-person or virtual Summit experience

You can access Workfront Summit sessions on-demand by visiting the Adobe Summit Workfront Session Catalogue. Please note that Adobe Summit labs are not available on-demand.

Note: If you cannot make the live Q&A, that’s okay! Ask your questions now in the Community thread below and your question will be answered in the order that it was received.

REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE 

• Must be signed into the Community during the 1-hour period
  • Must post an Adobe Workfront question or comment on Adobe Summit
  • Must tag any or all of the Scale Customer Success team members (@NicholeVargas@CynthiaBoon@LeslieSpier) in your question
  • You can ALSO post your question or comment prior to the Q&A session if you are unable to attend the live event
  • THAT'S IT! *(think of this as the Adobe Workfront Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game)

Cynthia Boon

Cynthia Boon is a Business Process Professional dedicated to process improvement, building efficiencies, and implementing innovations to help organizations achieve strategic goals. With 20 years of project support and implementation, she has had the opportunity to serve as a technical writer, training facilitator, instructional designer, performance consultant, project manager, product owner, and systems administrator.

Cynthia Boon Work Pic.JPG

Nichole Vargas

Nichole Vargas is a go-getter, committed to exceeding customer expectations. Her customer-focused mindset combined with experience in Customer Support and Training Operations at Adobe Workfront is the building blocks for which she helped to build an extremely successful Scale Customer Success program from the ground up. When she’s not challenging herself and others to choose courage over comfort to ensure personal and professional growth, you can find Nichole outside hiking with her golden retriever pup. 

nicholevargas.jpeg

Leslie Spier

Leslie Spier is a dedicated customer advocate, with years of experience leading organizational change and driving marketing tech stack transitions over 10 years as a marketing project manager in both external agency and in-house agency environments. At Adobe, she has continued to be a trailblazer, piloting the first Workfront Customer Success Mid-Tier program before moving to the Scale Customer Success team where she shares her knowledge and enables connections across an even larger customer base.

lesliespier.jpeg

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

21 Replies

Employee

I'm going to break the ice and get the conversation going! 

Did you have a favorite part of Summit? Something cool you learned? Hot tip you want to share? Lingering question?

As someone that attended virtually and is catching up on the sessions, I'll share one of my favorite hot tips :

Click the "1x" in the bottom of the video player and you can speed up or slow down the video!

summit_tip_playbackspeed.png

What are your questions, tips, favorite sessions, etc.?

Administrator

Thanks, @LeslieSpier! Also, a quick reminder that this Summit Coffee Break is TOMORROW. Be sure to start thinking about the questions you want to ask and sign up via the Event Page for reminders on the day! 

Level 2

Hey @LeslieSpier! Thanks for starting this up - super bummed you and Cynthia weren't able to make it, but I really enjoyed my first year at Adobe Summit!

Our company is currently working on developing and integrating WF and to say it's been a long road would be an understatement. My favorite sessions were the ones that provided customer success stories:

• Kroger 
  • KC Chiefs
  • JLL

As the primary admin for WF training and onboarding, I was most interested in hearing how people approached training with their teams. A couple of my favorite takeaways were:

• Implementing a WF Wednesday - a platform for people to voice their opinion on the technology on a scale of 1-5 and setting up 1:1 time with those that ranked in poorly to address concerns
  • Using boards for personal management
  • Building out a "skills" repository to understand what each production team member is good at to help with trafficking requests 
  • Tagline for most: IS IT IN WORKFRONT?

I would love to get additional tips on tricks on how best to approach onboarding and training since we're rolling out this platform to our entire global org (40+ teams, 300+ individuals, etc.). 

Level 3

Yes, I loved the WF Wednesday by Kroger and their approach to "converting" the skeptics.

Community Advisor

Adding these 3 to my list!!

Feel free to reach out to me on training in mass tips. I think I've made every mistake possible at this point 

Employee

Hey @cperotin! @CynthiaBoon and I missed you all! We were definitely with you in spirit and so glad that many of you were able to make connections while you were there.

Thanks for sharing the sessions you enjoyed! I'm dropping some links here for easy reference for anyone that's interested:

Ok - now to your question - let's talk training!  I think one of the best ways to get people in the system and comfortable is to set up training projects (and make them a template so you can reuse and refine over time). Think about the tasks they'll be doing most often and have some examples for them to complete. Think about what view they may need to have set so they can see the details of the ask (put links to documentation or training in the tasks and/or project). You may want to set up a special portfolio for these projects to make sure they're excluded from your regular reporting. 

It's also good to spend some time in layout templates. Try to simplify the layout to what the users will need and reduce any extra noise. It's helpful to provide training/documentation in a couple different avenues if you can - live walk through, videos, step-by-step notes, screenshots, since people learn in different ways and it takes repeat exposure for things to stick. 

That's a great starting place! If I think of any other big tips, I'll add them and if anyone else is reading this and has any hot tips for training for @cperotin feel free to reply!

Community Advisor

Changing the playback speed is a great tip!! Definitely will help as I go back and watch all the ones people have mentioned as their favorites.

While attending SUMMIT in person I had three focuses.

1. Attending labs since those would not be available afterward
    1. I went to all four but did not stay for Advanced Reporting (nothing against the session just wasn't any new content for me). I really loved the Fusion labs and although I'm not a Citizen Developer, yet, I felt really empowered to dive in and try some things on my own.
  2. Meeting the product teams to get some answers on where certain features were going as well as learn what else Adobe has that we could benefit from adopting
  3. Networking with similar companies and roles to learn how others are approaching similar challenges and creating a Rolodex I can reach out to in the coming months to pick their brains.

Level 2

@LeslieSpier @NicholeVargas @CynthiaBoon 

In Workfront, is there a way to account for partial days off? I see in the user profile, a user can select a whole day off, but not partial

Employee

Hey @melissa_sowers! Great question! When selecting the date, if you uncheck "All day," you can select the hours.
 Partial Day Off.png

Thanks for joining us this morning!

Level 2

@LeslieSpier @NicholeVargas @CynthiaBoon In Workfront, if there any way to tie the start and due date to the parent task rather than the child task. We use an ongoing hours project to capture our non-project related hours. We duplicate the parent task weekly and it would be useful to be able to change the dates once rather than for each child task. 

Employee

Hey Melissa! 

Great timing!  We just talked about how to handle "non-project" hours yesterday during our Strategic Admin Chat event.  I totally get the challenge of needing to make the date changes easily to the child tasks.  Since Workfront reporting is dependent on hierarchical objects, the child tasks need to drive the start and end dates of parent tasks so that Parent Task reporting is accurate.  (And I have to say, I love a Parent Task Report. ) However!  The non-project related hours is a challenge for all of us and there are several ways to solve to that.  If you prefer to use the Parent/Child tasks, you could use the Bulk Edit functionality when you copy those tasks.  (You could also set up all the tasks for each quarter all at once and bulk edit or do Recurring Tasks?)

If you're thinking of moving to tracking those general hours to timesheets, you can always create some "buckets" in the Hour Types. 
I'll DM you with the recording from yesterday if you want to listen to the conversation on the hours buckets.

Thanks!

Level 2

@CynthiaBoon Great, thank you! I just watched it and was also interested in the email that went with the video. In particular, I would love more information on how you built your three calendars. 

Level 3

My favorite part of Summit was the networking. Huge thanks to @LeslieSpier for setting up the GroupMe chat and @NicholeVargas for on-site coordination.

I've been knee-deep in building a presentation/language for rolling out time-tracking for our group (wish me luck), so honestly haven't had a lot of time to digest and revisit the sessions. But will in the coming weeks.

I will say the hands-on sessions were PACKED with content and seemed rushed. Also, they were plagued with technical issues that either didn't allow the scenarios to be executed as planned or cause people to get behind and have to try and catch up. That's my only gripe about the week. 

I can back with excitement and will try to wrestle some duties from that powers that be....who aren't doing anything with their powers.

Employee Advisor

@MarkTEvans It was so great to connect with you at Summit!

I'm not sure there is 1 easy solve for getting users to track time but I can definitely say if you have leadership buy-in, you'll have better luck with the rollout and communicating the why with users! I'm pretty sure you were in attendance, but if not, HERE is a link to the Customer Panel on Logging Time where 4 customers (Madalyn, Ram, Daniel and Lindsey) all share their best practices on getting started. 

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with as you get going! 

Level 3

Thanks @NicholeVargas ,

I rewatched that and actually reach out to Daniel (thanks to networking) and he said the exact two things you did.

- Leadership buy-in

- Explain Why

I've got the why part covered but having trouble getting the all leadership to communicate their buy-in. We'll see how it goes, presentation is tomorrow. 

Community Advisor

Question for @NicholeVargas - since this was your first conference ever, are there any tips you would give to someone thinking about attending next year? Things you know now that you wish you knew before?

Employee

YES! The hot tip we didn't know we needed but was PERFECTLY executed! 

Employee Advisor

Great question @MoniqueEvans - I have so many thoughts on Summit, so here it goes!

I truly had such a fun time at Adobe Summit meeting and getting to know you all  I would do it all over again tomorrow if I could! 

For those who missed Summit and are thinking about attending next year, all I can say is start preparing your business case NOW! I figured I would be wandering around The Venetian all week by myself, or sitting with other Workfront folks for keynotes or lunches, but that was the total opposite of how my week went. Workfront customers are special - you all created a community that was envious of everyone else at Summit and I never saw a Workfronter walking, eating or attending labs alone. I felt proud to be a part of Workfront that week. So for anyone thinking about coming to Summit next year, and especially those who may come alone, know that you'll have a big group of people to surround yourself and network with.

You'll be in same space with hundreds of people who have a passion for Workfront, speak the same language as you, share the same challenges and validate that the work that you're doing matters. It's incredible. The community and network that you'll build is invaluable as you move along in your Workfront journey and like Monique mentioned below, having that Rolodex of contacts is powerful.