Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Community Q&A Coffee Break on May 2nd at 8 am PT with Adobe Journey Optimizer experts Robert Calangiu, Brent Kostak & Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

SEGMENTS IN PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT

Level 2

Hi all,

need your help with the following question.

In AJO, we have created two environments: Production and DEV (staging). We have already created some segments in production environment but we want to move then to the staging environment (DEV). How can I achieve this?

Thanks in advance,

Blanca

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@bcollado1,

I think you can try using the object copy feature in AJO to copy the segments between environments. You don't need a complete setup of the Journey to do this rather maybe have a Read segment activity that contains the segment you want to copy and try the object copy feature. There are some limitations that you can look at in the documentation.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/orchestrate-journeys/manage-journey/...

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

@bcollado1 

Create segment via API in stage, grab segment definition (useful in segment definition payload) from segment UI in prod, edit segment.

Please note, segments created via API can't be updated in the rule builder. Edits must be made in the API.

Capture.PNG

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@bcollado1,

I think you can try using the object copy feature in AJO to copy the segments between environments. You don't need a complete setup of the Journey to do this rather maybe have a Read segment activity that contains the segment you want to copy and try the object copy feature. There are some limitations that you can look at in the documentation.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/orchestrate-journeys/manage-journey/...

Thanks, Sathees

Administrator

Hi @bcollado1,

Were you able to resolve this query with the help of the given solutions or do you still need more help here? Do let us know. In case the given solutions were helpful, then kindly choose the one that helped you the most as the 'Correct Reply'.
Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa