Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Q&A Coffee Break on 1st October at 8 am PT with Journey Optimizer experts Amarnath Vannarath, Ariel Sultan, Arthur Lacroix and Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

"Post purchase" journey

Level 4

Hi there,

I have an exemplary use case like this

• We have a catalog of 200 products which can be purchased.
  • We have a "product tip" for each product such as "If you press button A and B at the same time, you can ..."
  • In case a customer purchases a product we want to send a "product tip" one day after the purchase via email.
  • Also, 2 weeks later, we want to send another email asking to provide a brief survey on experience with this new product.

In AJO I would create a journey, triggered by "commerce.purchase".
I would also create 200 offers in ODE which include product tips and offer rule is tied to "purchased sku=xyz".
As the first step of the journey I would wait 24h and then send an email. Email content would include an offer component / call to ODE in order to get the right "product tipp" rendered into the email.
The journey is concluded with a wait activity of 2 weeks and then an email asking to fill the survey.

Question a)

Would you agree this is a proper solution in AJO for the given use case?

Question b)

It can happen that a customer purchases another product, while still being in the journey for the first purchased product.
AJO prevents a profile to enter a journey, if the same journey is already running. Thus no communication would go out.

What can I do?
Creating 200 journeys (one for each product) does not scale and is not really an option.

Thank you for your thoughts.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@maggod 

Yes, the solution is good but as you mentioned, there is limitation with the tool as it will not allow re entry if profile is part of the current journey already.

Check out below solution

Create 2 segments and 2 journeys

Segment 1 : filter all users who purchase a product and 24 hours crossed after purchase date. (incorporate exclude criteria according to the business need)

Journey 1: use segment 1 in journey via read segment or segment qualification and send product tip.

Segment 2 : filter all users who purchase a product and 2 weeks crossed after purchase date.

Journey 2: use segment 2 in journey 2 via read segment or segment qualification and send survey communication.

The base idea is instead of using wait activity in the journey, create segments pre -hand and send communications.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@maggod 

Yes, the solution is good but as you mentioned, there is limitation with the tool as it will not allow re entry if profile is part of the current journey already.

Check out below solution

Create 2 segments and 2 journeys

Segment 1 : filter all users who purchase a product and 24 hours crossed after purchase date. (incorporate exclude criteria according to the business need)

Journey 1: use segment 1 in journey via read segment or segment qualification and send product tip.

Segment 2 : filter all users who purchase a product and 2 weeks crossed after purchase date.

Journey 2: use segment 2 in journey 2 via read segment or segment qualification and send survey communication.

The base idea is instead of using wait activity in the journey, create segments pre -hand and send communications.

Level 4

Thank you @Anuhya-Y 

I understand your approach and it will work in this case! Much appreciated!

It will work until the journey gets more sophisticated (e.g. check reactions on the first email) and make additional decisions based on that.

Community Advisor

@maggod 

When the journey gets sophisticated, there could be a need to transform the data accordingly and load into custom profile enabled datasets.

In the scenario  (check reactions on the first email), query service/data distiller can be used to query and load required interaction (opens/clicks) details from AJO Email Tracking Experience Event Dataset into a custom profile enabled dataset, use the interaction/reaction  data in segment logic.