Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Community Q&A Coffee Break on May 2nd at 8 am PT with Adobe Journey Optimizer experts Robert Calangiu, Brent Kostak & Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

Possible to convert json offer to html via AJO helper functions?

Community Advisor

Hi ,

I am just wondering if its possible to convert json offers to html via rendering it via email channel. The reason why i want to do that is because its easy for the source system to generate json offers and send it to AJO. However before sending these offers via email we have to convert it to html for displaying on email.

@SatheeskannaK 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@arpan-garg - i do not believe we currently have a solution for this, but there may be some features coming up in a beta that could help with this flow. Please DM me so that I can put you in touch with the right team. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

@arpan-garg what would you want the HTML to render out as? i.e. would you want JSON objects to translate to unordered HTML list? What would the styling be? 

Community Advisor

Hi @Ivan_Mironchuk  - We want to render the offer on a email channel. Currently the source system is only able to send json offers to AJO via the API. Before rendering those offers on an email we need to convert that to a HTML. Styling and the structure of html needs to be handled within AJO itself, for example using helper functions to add inline css to the html.

I tried helper functions but i am unable to fetch json offers from offer decision. Do you have any other solution to this.

Thanks,

Arpan

Community Advisor

Hello @arpan-garg 

Did you try the external sources that can convert JSON responses to attributes as field groups in context?

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Community Advisor

Hi @Manoj_Kumar_ - Can you please add more context to it. External datasources from my understanding can be used to call external systems and be used in Journeys, later I can use the responses in my Journeys as context attribute.

In my usecase , I want to use offer apis to create new offers in AJO, the source system will send json as a payload and I want this json offer to be rendered as HTML via some helper functions, which seems to be not possible. 

Just wanted to know if that's possible somehow. 

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@arpan-garg - i do not believe we currently have a solution for this, but there may be some features coming up in a beta that could help with this flow. Please DM me so that I can put you in touch with the right team.