Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer - B2B Edition (coming soon) combines a first-ever buying group focus with industry-leading decisioning and automation to personalize engagement for each buying group member across channels.
SOLVED

Personalize email content based on profile attribute value

Level 2

Hi there

I would like to personalize an email as following:

If Attribute 1 = "A", then show value of Attribute 2. 
Both attributes are available in Profile.

Example

Customer Attribute 1 Attribute 2
John A 100
John B 200
John C 300

Output:

I tried replicating through Helper Functions with a IF statement, but I did not get the results I hoped for. (Helper Functions)

Appreciate your input!

(In SFMC this is pretty easily done through AMP)

Best,
Giorgia

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You may be able to retrieve this value using some of the array helper functions, like "includes" 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/personalized-dynamic-content/persona...

Beyond that you may be looking at a Change Dimension type use case.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @mandarinooo,

I did try this within email designer and it works. Make sure you have path correct that you can confirm from the schema.

SatheeskannaK_0-1671642947363.png

{%#if profile.person.name.firstName = "John"%} {{profile.person.name.lastName}} {%else%} displayFirstname {%/if%}

Thanks!

Thanks, Sathees

Level 2

Hi @SatheeskannaK 

Thank you for your reply.

Your approach worked for First Name / Last name as the data has a 1:1 relationship. Every customer has only one First name and only one Last name.

It does not work when the data has a one to many relationship, like in case of arrays.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You may be able to retrieve this value using some of the array helper functions, like "includes" 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/personalized-dynamic-content/persona...

Beyond that you may be looking at a Change Dimension type use case.

Level 1

Hi,

I would like that, too. Hope for more input. Thanks.