Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Q&A Coffee Break on 4th September at 8 am PT with Journey Optimizer experts Aaron Forest, Justin Grover, Keara Fausett and Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

Mechanism to handle controls/holdout in AJO?

Level 3

How to keep track of the customers part of the control group in a particular campaign?

Note: 1 custom solution is to create custom attribute to store the value, but what if 100 campaigns has control group, do we need to create 100 custom attribute?

Do we have the inbuilt mechanism to track the control group, which should be the basic functionality of the AJO?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @_abhishek_ 

You don't need to create 100 custom attributes. You can create one custom attribute, make the value unique as possible (e.g Control Group + Journey Name) and update it within your journeys. 

But with this approach you may end up with the last update value only in case a profile was selected multiple times in control group.

I have a different approach when I'm not creating an attribute but I rely on journey step events to get all profiles caught in my control group transition.

Thanks,

David

David Kangni

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @_abhishek_ 

You don't need to create 100 custom attributes. You can create one custom attribute, make the value unique as possible (e.g Control Group + Journey Name) and update it within your journeys. 

But with this approach you may end up with the last update value only in case a profile was selected multiple times in control group.

I have a different approach when I'm not creating an attribute but I rely on journey step events to get all profiles caught in my control group transition.

Thanks,

David

David Kangni