Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Community Q&A Coffee Break on May 2nd at 8 am PT with Adobe Journey Optimizer experts Robert Calangiu, Brent Kostak & Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

AJO-Real time customer profile

Level 3

Hi, Is Real time customer profile really real time because when I try to ingest data into the respective dataset through direct event/API call it takes more time like max of 15min to ingest the data. Even enabling the dataset/schema to profile still this much latency. Is there anyway we can get the data into the dataset within real quick like <1 min to make it realtime?

Thanks in Advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

When data ingested in AEP, it would be available in Data lake and real-time customer profile . As soon as data available in real-time customer profile , profile can be searchable based on identity namespace and data will be reflected in profile.

I assume you are ingesting data via streaming HTTP source API call. If yes, data travels via pipeline to real-time customer profile within 1 min and then Data Lake/datasets within 15 min. In this case, search profile with an identity namespace, data would be reflected in the unified profile less than a minute.

If data inserted via batch, first data flows to data lake/datasets from there real-time customer profile. In this case data would be NOT reflect in the profile immediately, takes couple of minutes.

Check below documentation : https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/blueprints-learn/architecture/architecture-overview/platform...

To answer your question. Yes ,real time customer profile is really real time it depends on how you are ingesting data .

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

How are you measuring the 15min? Are you basing it on the UI only? What do you want to do with the data? What type of data is it? Events or Attributes?

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/ingestion/streaming/overview.html?lang=e...

David_Loyd_0-1662653108857.png

Level 3

Hi David, Thanks for the quick response.

I have tried implementing Luma real time event into AEP and found out the data ingestion takes time more than 1min .Tried with API call as well using event payload and still it takes time.This is event type data and the dataset is profile enabled as well.

Reg,

Ikram

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

When data ingested in AEP, it would be available in Data lake and real-time customer profile . As soon as data available in real-time customer profile , profile can be searchable based on identity namespace and data will be reflected in profile.

I assume you are ingesting data via streaming HTTP source API call. If yes, data travels via pipeline to real-time customer profile within 1 min and then Data Lake/datasets within 15 min. In this case, search profile with an identity namespace, data would be reflected in the unified profile less than a minute.

If data inserted via batch, first data flows to data lake/datasets from there real-time customer profile. In this case data would be NOT reflect in the profile immediately, takes couple of minutes.

Check below documentation : https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/blueprints-learn/architecture/architecture-overview/platform...

To answer your question. Yes ,real time customer profile is really real time it depends on how you are ingesting data .