Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 6th edition is out.
SOLVED

AJO Email not Parsing productListItems

Level 4

Hello,

I'm trying to generate a Order Confirmation email and not getting the data from the productListItems - even in Test mode.  My basic setup is the same as outlined in Adobe's help file.  

{{#each context.journey.events.event_ID.productListItems as |product|}}
   <table>
      <tbody>
         <tr>
            <td><b>{{context.journey.events.event_ID.productListItems.name}}</b></td>
            <td><b>{{context.journey.events.event_ID.productListItems.quantity}}</b></td>
            <td><b>${{context.journey.events.event_ID.productListItems.priceTotal}}</b></td>
         </tr>
      </tbody>
   </table>
{{/each}}

When the visitor goes through the flow, I get all other commerce related items but nothing in the productList.  You can see from the image below, the "$" string literal proves the /each statement is looping through the 3 products in the list (so they are there) but there's no no data.

2023-10-23_12-18-18.jpg

When I put the Journey is Test mode and Trigger the Event with the productList information (see below), I get the same thing - purchase data but nothing from the productsList.

2023-10-23_13-00-17.jpg

What am I missing here?  Can't figure out what's wrong.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @MktgCloudUser, You should be using a variable (product) when looping for each product.

<table>
      <tbody>
         <tr>
            <td><b>{{product.name}}</b></td>
            <td><b>{{product.quantity}}</b></td>
            <td><b>${{product.priceTotal}}</b></td>
         </tr>
      </tbody>
   </table>
{{/each}}

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @MktgCloudUser, You should be using a variable (product) when looping for each product.

<table>
      <tbody>
         <tr>
            <td><b>{{product.name}}</b></td>
            <td><b>{{product.quantity}}</b></td>
            <td><b>${{product.priceTotal}}</b></td>
         </tr>
      </tbody>
   </table>
{{/each}}

Thanks, Sathees

Level 4

Ah yes, that makes total sense - we are assigning the productsList as a variable called "products".  This was my fault for following Adobe's help file too explicitly.  Thank you - that worked.

BTW - Adobe's online documentation is incorrect here - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/content-management/personalization/p... as it had exactly what I originally posted.  You may want to let the Adobe team know as anyone following that page exactly will have the same issues I was having.

Thanks again.