Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Using mboxTrace to Debug Recommendations

Level 1

Previously when I had used the mboxTrace functionality to debug recommendation activities the page would display both the product recommendation zone and the recommendation debug box above the product recommendation zone.  Recently I noticed that only the recommendation debug box is being shown.

caitlynp2910424_0-1584549889909.png

When I check the mbox I see that Target returned the direction to insert the recommendations.

caitlynp2910424_1-1584550070377.png

Is this a bug or is there something that I'm forgetting to do?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @caitlynp2910424 

What version of mbox or at.js are you using? If you are using at.js please do the following:

[1] Use mbox trace  in URL to obtain recommendations trace (or experience cloud chrome debugger extension)

[2] Once mboxTrace is in use, open developer network tools CTRL + SHIFT + I (or right-click web page and Inspect)
[3] Navigate to network and filter by .tt. for target server calls.

[4] locate the target-global-mbox server call, look for the trace object and locate the actions node. 

If you are still on the mbox.js implementation check that you allow popups on the activity location, this will then open the mboxTrace in a new window.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Joshua Eisikovits | Global Lead, Platform Support | Customer Experience | Adobe

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @caitlynp2910424 

What version of mbox or at.js are you using? If you are using at.js please do the following:

[1] Use mbox trace  in URL to obtain recommendations trace (or experience cloud chrome debugger extension)

[2] Once mboxTrace is in use, open developer network tools CTRL + SHIFT + I (or right-click web page and Inspect)
[3] Navigate to network and filter by .tt. for target server calls.

[4] locate the target-global-mbox server call, look for the trace object and locate the actions node. 

If you are still on the mbox.js implementation check that you allow popups on the activity location, this will then open the mboxTrace in a new window.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Joshua Eisikovits | Global Lead, Platform Support | Customer Experience | Adobe

Administrator

Hi @caitlynp2910424,

Our next Adobe Target Skill Builder Webinar is right around the corner on May 5th, and will be presented by Adobe Target Product Management on migrating Adobe Target’s mbox.js to At.js. Check out this community discussion to register today. Hope you can make it!

Warmly,
Amelia