Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How do I use mbox params in a dynamic offer? Docs are outdated.

Level 1

Hi,

I am following this documentation: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/target/using/experiences/offers/passing-profile-attribute...

I can show the campaign data and profile scripts (user) data but nothing from the global mbox (entity, profile, or arbitrary stuff). The documentation says to use `mboxCreate` which is deprecated.

I want to use the data in an Activity.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @MarinCa,

True the mboxCreate example is outdated. I'll submit a request to update the doc. However, the syntax for using dynamic text in offers is still accurate. If you pass a custom parameter or a profile parameter in the global mbox (or pageLoad with at.js 2.x) it should be available for use with dynamic text. Can you share an example of the global mbox request and the content of your offer using dynamic text?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @MarinCa 

You can make a use of an alternative to mboxCreate(mbox, params) is getOffer() and applyOffer().

How Do I Upgrade from at.js Version 1.x to Version 2.x? | Adobe Target 

How Do I Use the adobe.target.getOffer() Function? | Adobe Target 

Thanks

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @MarinCa,

True the mboxCreate example is outdated. I'll submit a request to update the doc. However, the syntax for using dynamic text in offers is still accurate. If you pass a custom parameter or a profile parameter in the global mbox (or pageLoad with at.js 2.x) it should be available for use with dynamic text. Can you share an example of the global mbox request and the content of your offer using dynamic text?

Level 1

Thanks, I figured out how to get arbitrary mbox attributes to show up. I didn't have to use getOffer/applyOffer. I think I just had an unrelated conflict going on.