Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Combining audiences in Target, an inclusion and an exclusion

Level 2

I am trying to combine audiences in Target, one is an inclusion of a profile script and the other is an exclusion. When I build it, it looks correct. When I hover over the "i" to view it later, it adds in "all visitors" to the exclusion piece and now looks incorrect. I can't determine if that's normal or if it's truly correct or not. I ONLY want visitors who have fulfill that profile script and also make sure no employees see it. Why would it throw in "all visitors"? 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @lindsayh5357881 ,

Your setup seems to be correct based on your explanation. If the audience setup specifically targets only the visitors who match the profile script criteria except "global Concur employees", it should work as expected.

To understand the configuration of the audience simply,

Target Audience = (All visitors - employees) AND (Profile script audience)

This means that you're targeting all visitors except employees, and within that group, only those who meet the criteria defined in the profile script.

Hope it helps! 

Regards, 

Vaibhav Mathur

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @lindsayh5357881 ,

Your setup seems to be correct based on your explanation. If the audience setup specifically targets only the visitors who match the profile script criteria except "global Concur employees", it should work as expected.

To understand the configuration of the audience simply,

Target Audience = (All visitors - employees) AND (Profile script audience)

This means that you're targeting all visitors except employees, and within that group, only those who meet the criteria defined in the profile script.

Hope it helps! 

Regards, 

Vaibhav Mathur