Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

targetPageParams not called

Level 3

Hello, a relative AEM newbie here.

I am trying to pass params with the following `targetPageParams` function to be called by AT.js. 

targetPageParamsAll = function() { 

let referrer = document.referrer
        console.log("called targetPageParams: referrer");
        console.log(referrer);

return { 
            "mboxReferrer": referrer, 
            "context.address.referringUrl": referrer
        }; 
    }; 

I even have it defined in the two places below, before Target loads

• Target > Implementation
    • sean12341_0-1669786898834.png
  • Data Collection > Rules
    • sean12341_1-1669787156432.png

When I load my site page, I was expecting the `console.log("called targetPageParams: referrer");`  to be called by AT.js, but nothing is logged, which makes me think that the function `targetPageParamsAll` is not being called. 

Some other source suggest to define it directly on top of the AT.js file. But I don't know how to find/edit that file.

Also, I don't know if this matters, but my Target debugger shows empty Network Request.

sean12341_0-1669789923214.png

Thanks for your inputs, 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Sean,

If your using Launch Tag Management implementation Method , then you dont need to put it in custom code , you can directly set the global params using action Type(Refer Below)

Vinoth1991_0-1669792452441.png

and select all params to all request. There you can select the key name and value(from data element also)

Further if it doesn't show in debugger, please share screenshot of the rule(including event selected)

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Sean,

If your using Launch Tag Management implementation Method , then you dont need to put it in custom code , you can directly set the global params using action Type(Refer Below)

Vinoth1991_0-1669792452441.png

and select all params to all request. There you can select the key name and value(from data element also)

Further if it doesn't show in debugger, please share screenshot of the rule(including event selected)