Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Show a/b test once per session

Level 1

I am trying to a/b test a pop up but it keeps showing up on every page even after users closed it i am struggling to find a straight forward solution from adobe target interface.

I have tried to store the session on js on the pop-up code but it doesn't work, seems like adobe may be overriding it.

Any possible solution for this?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Probably a few different ways to do this but you could have a process along the lines of:
-set a session cookie with value of "true" as part of the Target activity
-pass a parameter in the Target request with the value of the session cookie
-apply an audience to the activity of "session cookie does not equal true"

That would mean the visitor would qualify for the activity once in the session but then they would be excluded for the rest of the session because "session cookie" would not equal true; and they would go through this process for each new session because the cookie expires when the session ends 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Probably a few different ways to do this but you could have a process along the lines of:
-set a session cookie with value of "true" as part of the Target activity
-pass a parameter in the Target request with the value of the session cookie
-apply an audience to the activity of "session cookie does not equal true"

That would mean the visitor would qualify for the activity once in the session but then they would be excluded for the rest of the session because "session cookie" would not equal true; and they would go through this process for each new session because the cookie expires when the session ends