Expand my Community achievements bar.

Take 10 minutes to complete an Adobe Target review on Gartner Peer Insights, and as a thank you for your time, you’ll have the option to receive a $25 gift card!
SOLVED

Cannot turn "Require Authentication" for Profile API in Sandbox

Level 4

Hi,

I am trying to turn on "Require Authentication" for Profile API in a Sandbox Target account.

When I do that in the UI, it displays "Invalid Payload" error message, and I see the following response in the debugger:

{ 
    "errors": [ 
        { 
            "message": "Invalid payload", 
            "locations": [ 
                { 
                    "line": 2, 
                    "column": 3 
                } 
            ], 
            "path": [ 
                "updateClientSettings" 
            ], 
            "extensions": { 
                "code": "BAD_USER_INPUT" 
            } 
        } 
    ], 
    "data": { 
        "updateClientSettings": null 
    } 
} 

When I try to do the same using the API, I get the following response:

{
    "httpStatus": 400,
    "requestId": "7VnWWIH0UnSEqkmaakiMLCy6VYzJDg2Y",
    "requestTime": "2023-11-23T03:02:36.836118Z",
    "errors": [
        {
            "errorCode": "NotReadable.Json",
            "message": "Invalid Json. Unrecognized property name 'mobileDeviceTargetingEnabled'. Location: line - 1, column - 261.",
            "meta": {}
        }
    ]
}

The response is the same no matter whether I include mobileDeviceTargetingEnabled in the request JSON or not.

Could you please suggest how to overcome that problem? Is it possible to turn on the authentication for Profile API in a Sandbox at all?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I've had confirmation this is a known bug, reported last week; a solution is being worked on currently but I don't have a date on when the fix will be deployed yet

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

I've checked across several different accounts and I see the same error message, so it looks like there is a wider issue. I've asked internally if there is any additional information on this but I would recommend raising a ticket with Client Care if you haven't already done so

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I've had confirmation this is a known bug, reported last week; a solution is being worked on currently but I don't have a date on when the fix will be deployed yet