Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

getOffers with execute on a non-SPA

Level 1

Hello,

I'm implementing Adobe Target with at.js 2.x on a non-SPA (Single Page Application) website.

Despite reading through the documentation, it's not entirely clear whether calling applyOffers is mandatory for impression logging after getOffers has been called with the execute option.

There's nothing special about my set-up, I followed all the best practices recommended by Adobe.

Has anyone encountered a similar situation or can provide insights on the necessity and impact of applyOffers in this context?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Ah ok, makes sense - you can just call getOffers and it will increment track the impression/visitor. The applyOffers function is just there to help out with rendering the offer

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

If you're implementing at.js 2.x on a non-SPA page then you shouldn't need to do anything other than load the at.js library (i.e., you shouldn't need getOffers/applyOffers). The call to Target on Page Load is executed automatically by the library (unless you update the targetGlobalSettings object to disable this). What's the use case for using applyOffers? Or is it due to lack of clarity with the documentation?

Level 1

Thank you for your response.

I am currently delivering a JSON offer to the front-end. This JSON is used to configure a script that alters the content of the web page. My aim is to avoid using a visual composer since the same mbox is required across multiple pages.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Ah ok, makes sense - you can just call getOffers and it will increment track the impression/visitor. The applyOffers function is just there to help out with rendering the offer