Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Product Recommendations Order

Level 1

How does Target determine which order to select products to display on page for Product Recommendations?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Target has a number of algorithms that are used to determine the order in which items will appear. Some of these algorithms use a co-occurrence model, i.e. "people who viewed Product A also viewed Product B x number of times".

Another algorithm uses a content similarity model that uses Jaccard similarity to determine the proximity of two items in the catalogue. This algorithm evaluates the metadata for each item; ultimately, the items that have the most overlap of keywords will be recommended together. Check out this article in our documentation for more details on the other algorithms you can choose from.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Administrator

Target has a number of algorithms that are used to determine the order in which items will appear. Some of these algorithms use a co-occurrence model, i.e. "people who viewed Product A also viewed Product B x number of times".

Another algorithm uses a content similarity model that uses Jaccard similarity to determine the proximity of two items in the catalogue. This algorithm evaluates the metadata for each item; ultimately, the items that have the most overlap of keywords will be recommended together. Check out this article in our documentation for more details on the other algorithms you can choose from.