Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Image Offers and Scene7 in Adobe Target

Level 10

Hi everyone,

I have Adobe Target configured with Scene7. When I set up an Activity with an image stored in the Image Offers, the URL of the image becomes as follows and it returns the "Unable to find image file." message.

http://smartimaging.scene7.com/is/image/null?tm=null&fit=constrain&hei=80&wid=812

It seems, the integration with Scene7 may not be properly working as the image does not appear in Scene7 account and the URL format above does not look to be correct either.

Does anyone know how to make the images from the Image Offers correctly embedded and displayed in Target activities?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Sure.

1. Scene7 account is setup for Target integration
  2. Scene7 creds are add to Target > Setup > Scene7 integration
  3. Add an image to Target > offers > image offers
  4. Create an activity with the VEC and use "replace image" modification on an image (img html tag)
  5. Save and activate activity
  6. When entering the activity and being served the new image you should see an image src returned in the Target request something like:
    1. http://smartimaging.scene7.com/is/image/IMAGENAME?tm=1561588708779&fit=constrain&hei=300&wid=230

Where you were getting "null" in place of an image name (the image name of the image you uploaded) then you might have a scene7 provisioning issue I'd raise with client care.

-Ryan

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

Andrey Osadchuk​,

This is a great question I recall someone posting a strange process for obtaining the correct URL from Scene7 and then manually modifying/editing the code to use that "correct" URL. If anybody else can speak to this please do so. If you are able to obtain the actual URL from Scene 7 team and try with that one to test that woudl be my next recommendation. Additionally if you would like us to look into this via an official ticket you can open up a new ticket by emailing clientcare@adobe.com or calling us at 1 (800) 497-0335

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

Employee Advisor

Hi Andrey,

Are you're saying the images you've uploaded to Target > Offers > images are not getting loaded into the corresponding Scene7 account? Have you verified the Scene7 credentials used in Target > setup > scene7 integration?

Level 10

Hi ryanr8,

Yes, that's accurate. I can't see the images in Scene7 after saving an AT activity.

The account credentials are correct, I can log in to Scene7 and Target also has a dialog confirming the integration/ setting is valid. The account was provisioned by Adobe specifically for use with Target.

Can you please explain how the integration with Scene7 is designed to work?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Sure.

1. Scene7 account is setup for Target integration
  2. Scene7 creds are add to Target > Setup > Scene7 integration
  3. Add an image to Target > offers > image offers
  4. Create an activity with the VEC and use "replace image" modification on an image (img html tag)
  5. Save and activate activity
  6. When entering the activity and being served the new image you should see an image src returned in the Target request something like:
    1. http://smartimaging.scene7.com/is/image/IMAGENAME?tm=1561588708779&fit=constrain&hei=300&wid=230

Where you were getting "null" in place of an image name (the image name of the image you uploaded) then you might have a scene7 provisioning issue I'd raise with client care.

-Ryan

Level 10

I have reached out to Adobe team, they updated something on their end and now everything is working as expected.

Thank you Ryan for the support!

Level 3

Hi Andrey,

Usually the integration between Target and Scene7 is not done by the client unless you have both the setup details (contracts), this is done only to allow you to be able to use the image swap option in the Target portal. Once you upload an image to the Target portal that image is sent over to Scene7 in the back, which then generates the URLs you need/see. If this setup (integration) was done by Adobe, I would recommend you create a ticket with the support team.

Recommendation: do not try to reset the password for scene7 once you have the integration working.