Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

dataProvider valid data format

Level 3

I'm playing with data providers in target and face an issue when try to send array to target. I'm getting error“Invalid Json. Location: line - 1, column - 653.”

And it corresponds with array as value for property

this one is fine

"param1": "test", "param2": 123

but payload like this causing error 

"param1": "test", "param2": ["test", "test2"]

In documentation is says "params: A JSON object ... " and my payload is a valid json object

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor
var data = {
  "param1": "test",
  "param2": 123
}

data = JSON.parse(data); // maybe this line helps
callback(error, data);

Maybe it is enough if you use JSON.parse.

best regards

Level 3

This code will throw and error as data is already JSON

Issue is with more complex values like arrays. Which still are valid in JSON object but at.js throwing error about them. Question is if data can be any json object or just list of key values pairs where values are simple types like string, number, boolean?

Administrator

Thanks for your question broman__pl, and thanks  for your reliably thoughtful guidance! I know this question is a few years old but in case anyone wants to try to take a stab at it to close it out with deeper insights, please do  Cheers!

CC our brilliant Advisors:  , and 

and our inspiring Mentors: @abhilashsape@Gokul_Agiwal@Rajneesh_Gautam_@PratheepArunRaj, and @Sneha-Parmar