Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Target flicker issue spite of Adding the Prehiding Code on the site.

Level 4

Hi All,

Can someone please help me how to stop the flickering issue? Website has Flikering in spite of Adding the Prehiding Code on the site.

Help is highly apprechiated !

Thanks,

Balakrishna

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Balakrishna,

Guess you are into Page Blank Issue rather than Page Flickering.

I would request you to check my blogpost on both Page Flickering and Page Bank.

Reference Link : https://terrynwinter.com/adobe-target-how-to-avoid-page-blank-and-flickering-issues/

Thank You, Arun.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Employee Advisor

@balakrishnad200  Please provide more details around your implementation. Since you've mentioned you've added pre-hiding code, I'm assuming you're loading at.js asynchronously. Is it directly embedded on the page or via tag manager (sync or async)? Pre-hiding code should be placed as high as possible in the header tag and at.js/ tag manager immediately after it. If you have data layer, it would come before pre-hiding snippet.

Level 4

Hi Goel,

Since you've mentioned you've added pre-hiding code, I'm assuming you're loading at.js asynchronously. - Yes

Is it directly embedded on the page or via tag manager (sync or async)? - The code is placed on the page before the Launch code and dataLayer on the site is above Launch and prehiding code. 

Pre-hiding code should be placed as high as possible in the header tag and at.js/ tag manager immediately after it. If you have data layer, it would come before pre-hiding snippet. Ex: 1)  dataLayer 2) PrehidingScript and Adobe Launch

Thanks,

Balakrishna.D

Employee Advisor
Okay, please also confirm launch script is loaded asynchronously and body hiding is disabled in Load Target rule in Launch

Level 1

hi Shelly, Appreciate your response on this. My understanding is TMS/Launch will always be asyn load ideally, so even if Target implemented via Launch, would just embedding pre-hiding before stops the flickering? if yes, may i know from where I can get that code? And also, 'body hiding' disable you mentioned - in AT console? I don't see that field in Launch!

Employee Advisor

Hello,

If you followed this post completely, you find the details you are asking in the thread or you can also refer the mentioned article: Adobe Target: How to avoid Page Blank and Flickering Issues – Terryn Winter

Thanks

Level 4

Hi Goel,

Yes, Launch script is loading asynchronously and I haven't disabled body hiding in the Target Rule. I'm attaching the screenshot you want me to make those changes in the rule would help.targetflicker.PNG

Thanks,

BK

Level 4
Hi Goel, I have disabled the body hiding flickering has been stopped but I could notice the blank page while loading the page. How to mitigate this issue.

Administrator
Hi @balakrishnad200 ! Were you able to resolve this issue with the support that was provided? If so, please let us know by marking the helpful response as, "Correct Reply" otherwise I'd encourage you to follow up! Thank you and I hope you are having a wonderful day!

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Balakrishna,

Guess you are into Page Blank Issue rather than Page Flickering.

I would request you to check my blogpost on both Page Flickering and Page Bank.

Reference Link : https://terrynwinter.com/adobe-target-how-to-avoid-page-blank-and-flickering-issues/

Thank You, Arun.