Expand my Community achievements bar.

[AT Community QandA Coffee Break] 6/29/22, 8am PT: Adobe Target Experts Jordan Ison, Kati McKinney, Justine Lee, and Kaela Cusack

Administrator

Join us for the next Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break 

taking place Wednesday, June 29th, 2022 @ 8am PT - 9am PT 

~ REGISTER HERE  ~

We'll be joined by @Jison@TheRealKati_McKinney@Justine_Lee_at_Adobe , and @Kaela_Cusack of the Adobe Solutions Consulting team, with extra support from Technical Support Engineer @RamiHammad. The experts will be signed in here to the Adobe Target Community to chat directly with you on this thread about your Adobe Target questions pertaining to their areas of expertise, and those specifically related to topics covered during the 6/2/22 Personalization with Precision: Adobe Analytics & Target Webinar

• How marketers, developers, and product teams can open the ‘black box’ of AI to drive future testing and personalization strategies
  • How to overcome challenges in optimizing web, mobile app, email, IoT and each digital touchpoint for higher conversion and engagement
  • Adobe Analytics and Adobe Target workflows for personalization, targeting, and testing
  • Understanding use cases to unlock what attributes predict visitor behavior, and which are most important for key visualizations and segmentation analysis
  •  

**Be sure not to miss the upcoming 6/2/22 Personalization with Precision: Adobe Analytics & Target Webinar with @Jison, then plan join him and his teammates during this Coffee Break to continue the conversation and dive deeper into answers to your A4T and personalization questions - our experts are here for you!

REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE 

• Must be signed in to the Community during the 1-hour period 
  • Must post a Question about Adobe Target
  • THAT'S IT!  *(think of this as the Adobe Target Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game) 

INSTRUCTIONS 

~ REGISTER HERE  ~

Jordan Ison.jpegJordan Ison, Adobe Principal Expert Solution Consultant: Jordan has 12+ years' experience in digital analytics, business intelligence, and data management. He also has an M.S. in Information Systems. As an Analytics Expert, Jordan’s primary focus at Adobe is analytics practice and value realization within Adobe Analytics and Customer Journey Analytics, for prospective and existing Adobe customers. In his spare time, he lifts weights, practices yoga, and totes around old film cameras.

katimckiey.png

Kati McKinney, Adobe Expert Solution Consultant: Kati helps Adobe’s customers “envision what’s possible” with Adobe Analytics and Customer Journey Analytics. Leveraging her background as a customer experience strategist, Kati has a proven track record of helping brands transform how they engage across the lifecycle through people, process and technology. Prior to Adobe, Kati consulted on customer-centric transformation with top brands including Amazon, Google, Ralph Lauren and Alaska Airlines.

Justine Lee - 2022 - Profile Pic 1 - 878x878.jpgJustine Lee, Adobe Expert Solutions Consultant: Justine helps customers transform their business, people, and vision through the Adobe Target and Adobe Analytics better-together integration. Justine has 10+ years of experience in the digital field holding all major development team roles. She specializes in bringing business and technology goals to life through her strong technical expertise and the ability to effectively communicate complex topics to multi-functional teams.

Kaela Cusack-2022.jpgKaela Cusack, Adobe Expert Solutions Consultant Manager:has worked in the analytics & optimization space for the last 15 years, specializing in Adobe solutions and in particular the Analytics for Target integration.

Curious about what an Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break looks like? Be sure to check out the thread from our latest 5/25/22 Adobe Target Coffee Break with Adobe Target Experts @bkostak and Drew Burns, with Adobe Technical Support Consultant, Kai Motoyama @kaimotoyama 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

20 Replies

Level 2

Hi  @Jison , @TheRealKati_McKinney @Justine_Lee_at_Adobe!

We currently migrating are an AEM site that is using Personalization with Contexthub to the Adobe Target (Analytics/Launch) as we faced some issues in AEM with some Service Pack upgrades.

During the migration we are facing some challenges with Adobe Target and I was hopping to hear what are your thoughts on these:

- Since personalization with Contexthub is tied to an AEM environment, there is no need to worry about moving pesonalized resources to upper/higher environemnts (Staging & Prod) because those can be moved with packages within AEM. However when migrating the solution to Adobe Target with VEC, we face the issues where Activities are tied to the environment domain name, as well as offers and audiences and we where wondering what would be the best approach to move Activities , Audiences & Offers that are tied to a Development environment in AEM and roll them out to a Staging environment?

- We are also using Profile Scripts in Adobe Target to trigger some Audiences in the Activities, but I have been seeing that there is a small delay when we update the user profile with the Update endpoint of the Target API. Is this an expected behaviour of posting a propperty to the user profile and having a delay to actually be able to see that propperty with the Fetch Profile endpoint?

- Are there any plans of adding tools to organize Activities in Adobe Target?

- Is there a way to export Experience Fragments as Offers from AEM to a specific folder within Adobe Target?

Beforehand thanks for your support!

Employee

In regards to your last question:

Is there a way to export Experience Fragments as Offers from AEM to a specific folder within Adobe Target?

There is no way to export directly to a specific folder. But there are ways to organize the offers once exported, as per: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/experiences/offers/create-content-folder.html?l...

In regards to your second question: 

> Are there any plans of adding tools to organize Activities in Adobe Target?

Do you mind expanding on this question?

Currently the way to organize activities is via workspaces/properties: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-cloud-kcs/kbarticles/KA-17521.html?lang=en

>We are also using Profile Scripts in Adobe Target to trigger some Audiences in the Activities, but I have been seeing that there is a small delay when we update the user profile with the Update endpoint of the Target API. Is this an expected behaviour of posting a propperty to the user profile and having a delay to actually be able to see that propperty with the Fetch Profile endpoint?

How long of a delay? Updating profiles does not happen in real time, it will take between 5 and 10 minutes for the new profile to be visible.

Level 2

Hi @RamiHammad! Thanks for your quick follow up, please find my responses in green.

@RamiHammad wrote:

Is there a way to export Experience Fragments as Offers from AEM to a specific folder within Adobe Target?

There is no way to export directly to a specific folder. But there are ways to organize the offers once exported, as per: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/experiences/offers/create-content-folder.html?l...

If this is the suggested approach, should there be anny concern of the Offers losing the references in AEM when they get "moved" to a folder?

@RamiHammad wrote:

In regards to your second question: 

> Are there any plans of adding tools to organize Activities in Adobe Target?

Do you mind expanding on this question?

Currently the way to organize activities is via workspaces/properties: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-cloud-kcs/kbarticles/KA-17521.html?lang=en

Sure, similar to organizing Offers in folders to aid authoring agencies organize the work, we were wondering if Activities where possible to organize in a matter of for example, activities for Landing Pages, Activities for Product Pages, etc... We are currently making use of Properties and Workspaces to separate Activities for environments, but organazing the content in the Activities will be handfull when we have a great number of Activities for a site.

@RamiHammad wrote:

>We are also using Profile Scripts in Adobe Target to trigger some Audiences in the Activities, but I have been seeing that there is a small delay when we update the user profile with the Update endpoint of the Target API. Is this an expected behaviour of posting a propperty to the user profile and having a delay to actually be able to see that propperty with the Fetch Profile endpoint?

How long of a delay? Updating profiles does not happen in real time, it will take between 5 and 10 minutes for the new profile to be visible.

Any delay is an issue to us, as our expectation per documentation of API states "profile is stored on the Target edge cluster and is updated in real time after every visit."The reason of why this is an issue is because we are setting a propperty to the Profile, and we are using those values in Audiences to target specific content based on these values. If there is any delay, then the end-user won't be able to see the targetted content until those 5-10 minutes complete. Is there another approach suggested to acheive this scenario?

Thank you again for your support and short time answers!

Level 4

I guess I will throw out a question related to the webinar (btw - great webinar Jordan!) to help get the chat going.  Regarding the A4T panel in Workspace.  

- Is it still Hit based and if so, are there any plans to change it or allow for it to be Visitor based?  

- When using linear metrics like Revenue, doe the A4T panel calculate the sum of squares for the confidence and confidence interval calculations? 

"Is it still Hit based and if so, are there any plans to change it or allow for it to be Visitor based?"

The A4T integration collects data at the hit level. Target assigns and persists A/B tests at the visitor level. Analytics measures what Target does; we aren't changing the counting methodology. In the panel, you can change your normalizing metrics but it should still typically be a visitor. 

"When using linear metrics like Revenue, doe the A4T panel calculate the sum of squares for the confidence and confidence interval calculations? "

Hi @Brian_Hawkins_MiaProva 

Here are a couple of links and excerpts to address this.

In the A4T FAQ, it states "Adobe Analytics treats all metrics as non-binary, and therefore, computes confidence/p-values in a manner that is different to the use of binary metrics in a regular t-test."

Therefore, you can manually calculate "sum of squares" using the methodology described in "Performing Offline Calculations for Analytics for Adobe Target (A4T)".

Level 2

@Jison Is the Product Finding Method you talk about in the webinar different than pathing reports in Analytics? Wouldn't you be able to see the same things? 

Employee

Product Finding Methods are a great way to say, "how did my visitors find this product, and convert." Examples are: top navigation, search, left navigation, browse, etc. These are captured as an eVar with binding to the product, so persistence and allocation are usually set to last on the conversion (best practice), but you can set it to match your use case, and also override it with Attribution IQ if you want to look at multi-touch. The net: it's a powerful little tool when looking for opportunities to test 'methods' for optimizing site/product/conversion paths. I hope that helps. 

Here's the doc link on implementing Product Finding Methods: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/admin/admin-tools/conversion-variables/merchandisi...

Administrator

Hi @Jison@TheRealKati_McKinney@Justine_Lee_at_Adobe , @Kaela_Cusack and @RamiHammad , thanks for your time in the Target Community today! This question was posted by Target Community member, @timf43492464

"Hello, What is currently the best practice when using MVT & A4t in combination from a reporting perspective? Can you see all insights needed in Adobe Analytics now or are there limitations. Asking because we are curious to understand MVT in terms of analytics making sure we can understand all 20+ combinations. 

Thanks,

Tim"

Link to original question: MVT & A4t

Employee

Given the nature of MVT, I think it actually underscores specificity of the KPIs used in reporting. Also, there is an article stating for MVT "Requires mbox-based goal metric goal to get the Element Contribution report. The Element Contribution report does not currently support Analytics metrics."

Here is the link: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/integrate/a4t/a4t.html

Level 4

During the webinar, Jordan touched on the Important Attributes of Sensei for Automated Personalization (AP).  At MiaProva, we are big fans of the Adobe Target Profile and AP and support managing these Activity types in our applications.  As a side project still in beta, we built a small tool to help organizations get their data into Adobe Target based on their Visitor ID or Adobe Targets.  This data enables targeting visitors and gives the models data to determine if there is any predictive value.  If they do, it would appear on this report that Jordan highlighted.  

We'll be releasing an updated version publicly in late July during another Webinar related to injecting data into Adobe Target, but please feel free to kick the tires on this beta version.  

This tool we've built provides a service that makes doing this easier:  https://developer.adobe.com/target/before-implement/methods-to-get-data-into-target/bulk-profile-upd....

Administrator

Hi @Jison@TheRealKati_McKinney@Justine_Lee_at_Adobe , @Kaela_Cusack and @RamiHammadThis question was posted by Target Community member, @bkmills

"Hello Community,

I'm having trouble getting the geo-targeting rule to work. I thought it was an out-of-the-box solution. Am I wrong?

I simply want to set the geo-location for Australia, New Zealand, or United States. To verify I'm using mboxOverride.browserIp and getting IP's by country: https://lite.ip2location.com/ip-address-ranges-by-country but the activity is not loading in the browser. On the other hand, when I use the default All Visitors audience everything works. I created an audience with the following rules...see attached.

Amelia_Waliany_0-1656517005418.png"

Link to Original Question: Audience Geo-Targeting Not Working

Employee

In a case like this it is important to know which version of at.js is being utilized. mboxOverride.browserIP is reserved for at.js 1.x.

However, for at.js 2.x and above, you will need to utilize a vpn. Alternatively, another workaround is to utilize the x-forwarded-for header, using an extension in Firefox, as outlined on this solved Experience League post: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-target-questions/equivalent-method-for-mboxov...

Note that Geo audiences are delivered by Device Atlas, a third party with a comprehensive database of mobile devices built on data compiled from numerous sources, including manufacturers and network operators. Device detection is accomplished by analyzing User-Agent strings. 

More information can be found here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/audiences/create-audiences/categories-audiences...

Ah, in order to test out the Geo data, you need to go incognito or delete your mbox related cookies.  This works with at.js 2.x as well.  

For example visit this link incognito and you will see what Adobe Target thinks is your geo data: 

https://www.miaprova.com/blog/adobe-target-geo-targeting/?mboxOverride.browserIp=161.185.160.93

Now, try another IP address, it will stick with what was originally assigned.  

All the data in the red box are Adobe Target profile attributes related to geo.  

Administrator

Hi @Jison@TheRealKati_McKinney@Justine_Lee_at_Adobe , @Kaela_Cusack and @RamiHammadThis question was posted by Target Community member, petereberle

"Hello, We successfully implemented a setup where we send an Analytics Call (s.tl with an eVar) based on user input.

In AAM we match the input with certain criteria and set them to the corresponding Audience.

In Target we update the mbox to get the Experience which we connected to the audience from AAM (Experience Targeting).

Example User input: Car Brand 1

AAM: Car Brand 1 is a manufacturer from the US so Audience would US Car

Target: Audience is US Car so we show the US Car Experience

So this in general works. But as soon I'm in the US Car Experience and have some other input it's not changing to the other experiences.

Cheers and thanks in advance

Peter"

Link to Original Community Question: Change Target Experience depending on AAM Audience

Employee

When using Adobe Audience Manager with Adobe Target for experience targeting or even test entry criteria, the best practice is to use the AAM audience for "next page" testing/personalization. This means that the visitor must hit the site (first page of their session) and qualify for the AAM audience in order to use that audience for testing or personalization on subsequent pages in their session. The reason for this is because Target fires prior to AAM on the page, so when Target serves the experience on the first page of the session it doesn't know yet (from AAM) that the visitor is eligible for the activity or the experience. If you are running an A/B test or XT activity and you need to personalize on the first page of the session, it's best to use Adobe Target to create your audience criteria. For more information on where to create your audience (Target, Analytics, Audience Manager) for an Adobe Target activity, check out this help article: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/integrate/mmp.html?lang=en

Administrator

Hi @Jison@TheRealKati_McKinney@Justine_Lee_at_Adobe , @Kaela_Cusack and @RamiHammadThis question was posted by Target Community member, @keithf73253183 : 

"Hello, I'm new to Adobe Target, so this may be a basic question.

If I have multiple activities set up to deliver content on the same page to the same audience, can I control when a user sees one activity as opposed to another?

For example, say I have activity 1 and activity 2 with overlapping audiences that deliver content to the same page. Can I set a rule that says that if a user has never visited the page before he will see activity 1? After the visitor sees activity 1 three times, then he will see activity 2 going forward?

Assuming this is possible, does this go against best practices? Should collisions be avoided as a general rule?

Thanks,

Keith"

Link to Original Question: Prioritizing activities that overlap in audience and page

Administrator

Hi @Jison@TheRealKati_McKinney@Justine_Lee_at_Adobe , @Kaela_Cusack and @RamiHammadThis question was posted by Target Community member, DaminiCTS

"In an A/B test , the winner is shown. I am having a doubt, checking the report of an AB test, "all qualified visitor" audience that is present default in AT goals and settings mismatches with the sum up of all account types that we have added as an audience to this activity for reporting. I am attaching the screenshot here for reference.

Amelia_Waliany_0-1656518145657.png

Amelia_Waliany_1-1656518145713.png

Here, B2B approver, B2B customer, Adminlite, B2B admin, B2C sums up gives the all visitor. All visitors for this activity will be falling under in any one of these. There is no other account type we have in this project. I have highlighted the order section in the image, there is a difference of 1297 orders.

Amelia_Waliany_2-1656518145835.png

Help to know from where this 1297 orders are getting placed.

Thanks ,
Damini Mohan"

Link to Original Question: In A/B test report, there is a value mismatch in All Qualified visitors vs Account type audience seg...

Hi Damini, 

I think this may be an issue of a blank value for AccountType. I would check how you are setting this value and if there is traffic that isn't assigned this value. 

I hope this helps!