Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

[AT Community Q&A Coffee Break] 8/3/22, 8am PT: Rachel Booth, Adobe Premier Support Business Consultant

Administrator

Join us for the next Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break 

taking place Wednesday, August 3rd, 2022 @ 8am PT - 9am PT 

~ REGISTER HERE  ~

We'll be joined by Adobe Business Consultant Rachel Booth, (aka @rbooth115) who will be signed in here to the Adobe Target Community to chat directly with you on this thread about your Adobe Target questions pertaining to her areas of expertise:

• Personalization Strategy
  • Optimization Strategy 
  • Integrations

Adobe Technical Support Engineer Kai Motoyama aka @kaimotoyama will also be joining to provide additional insights and answers to your questions. 

REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE 

• Must be signed in to the Community during the 1-hour period 
  • Must post a Question about Adobe Target
  • THAT'S IT!  *(think of this as the Adobe Target Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game) 

INSTRUCTIONS 

• Click the blue “Reply” button at the bottom right corner of this post
  •  Begin your Question with Rachel's Community username: @rbooth115 

~ REGISTER TODAY  ~

RachelBooth.JPG

Rachel Booth, Adobe Premier Support Business Consultant: Rachel is a Business Consultant on the Premier Support team focused on Adobe Target as well as Audience Manager and Analytics. She has a passion for data and problem solving, and enjoys helping customers tackle strategy and advance in their maturity across the Adobe stack.

Curious about what an Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break looks like? Be sure to check out the thread from our latest 6/29/22 Adobe Target Coffee Break  with Adobe Target Experts @Jison , @TheRealKati_McKinney @Justine_Lee_at_Adobe, and @Kaela_Cusack, with extra support from @RamiHammad of Adobe Technical Support Engineering. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

27 Replies

Level 2

@rbooth115 For a company just starting out with defining their personalization strategy using Adobe Target what are the key considerations? Do you have case studies from customers who have been in a similar situation?

Employee

Hi there! For personalization I would start small and think about who your key audiences are - for instance, using an Experience Targeting activity to personalize a hero image to those audiences might generate a small lift. I recommend always starting with some kind of hypothesis before you start running a test/activity.

See here for the Adobe Target welcome kit and getting started with personalization. For customer case studies, you can find some here: https://business.adobe.com/customer-success-stories/index.html?Topic=Personalization and here: https://business.adobe.com/products/target/customer-stories.html

Employee

Hi there! For personalization I would start small and think about who your key audiences are - for instance, using an Experience Targeting activity to personalize a hero image to those audiences might generate a small lift. I recommend always starting with some kind of hypothesis before you start running a test/activity.

See here for the Adobe Target welcome kit and getting started with personalization. For customer case studies, you can find some here: https://business.adobe.com/customer-success-stories/index.html?Topic=Personalization and here: https://business.adobe.com/products/target/customer-stories.html

Community Advisor

@rbooth115 want to learn more on profile script and target audience building

Employee Advisor

Hi @JyotiSharmaV, thank you for your interest in learning more about profile scripts and target audience building!  If you have any specific questions please let us know.  I am including some resources below to help get you started.    Profile scripts are snippets of code that are executed server side on Adobe Target's servers to tracking behavioral information or to just execute logic before Target make its decision.  Some examples of profile scripts are the ability to split traffic into unique swimlanes, or count how many times a visitor has landed on a particular page of your site.  The output of the profile script can be leveraged within a Target audience for segmentation.      And for your ask on Target audiences, they can be created based on attribute data that you may be passing into Target, or based off geo location, new vs returning visitor, the type of device, etc.  More information can be found below, thank you!

Creating Profile Scripts 

Creating Target Audiences 

Community Advisor

We are currently using audience groups for the activities from Adobe Analytics. Do they work similarly to the audience we create in Target?

Employee Advisor

Hi @JyotiSharmaV, fantastic follow up question!  Segments shared from Analytics are slightly different than audiences created directly in Target.  Analytics segments are more for historical audiences that have a lookback window, for example, anyone who has abandoned a funnel within the last 30 days is a great example of an Analytics segment.   Audiences created directly in Target are great for more real time use cases, for example, what page is the visitor currently on, or where is the visitor currently geo located.   Both audience sources play a key role in your use cases and can even be combined during the activity creation workflow to create a combined super audience.  

Employee

Hello @rbooth115 !

Target Community Member @johns17141284 has a question regarding interpreting Automated Personalization data:

-----

I've ran a very simple automated personalization test to kick the tires and try it out. I'm getting the data back finally but I'm having trouble understanding how to read the data. I've attached a screenshot of one of the segments. 

• Should I ignore the risk-free offer since it had so little visits?
  • Would the assumption that free design help, inspiration, and help installing performed the best for this segment?

kaimotoyama_0-1659539466009.png

Thanks!

Link to Original Community Post

Employee

Hi @johns17141284 thanks for your question. Automated Personalization's Automated Segments show how different automated segments defined by the Target personalization models responded to the offers/experiences in the activity. In this scenario, more visits in his segment have been driven away from that risk-free offer, but there is still an impressive conversion rate. I would not ignore or exclude this offer, instead I'd suggest leaving it in and allowing the model to continue to run and generate further results. 

At this point, because the free design help, inspiration, and help installing offers have the highest number of visits and highest conversion rate, I'd consider those to be the winners thus far.

Administrator

Hi @rbooth115 thanks so much for joining us in the Target Community today! The following question was posted by Target Community member @CarlHancock :

------

Does the Traffic Estimator Tool for automated personalization activities in Target exist anywhere outside of the tool? I ask because, currently, it seems like you have to manually create additional offers to just calculate how many offers a page (or group of pages) can reasonably support. As an analyst that doesn't have Editor privileges in Target, this is problematic because I can't add in additional offers just to get the calculation for planning purposes.

Is there any additional documentation with the statistics involved or a spreadsheet that can generate the same time estimates as the tool? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

-------

Link to Original Community Post

Employee

Hi @CarlHancock

Unfortunately this calculator is only available in the Target UI itself, but we'll take this feedback back to the product team. 

Level 2

@rbooth115 -- Does Adobe have a confidence calculator for MVTs (up to 8 experiences) has a built-in p-value correction for the number of experiences in the MVT? Something like this?https://cxl.com/ab-test-calculator/

Employee Advisor

@CJara1 - great question!  Adobe Target does have a built in confidence calculator for MVT, with a traffic estimator as well.   Our sample size calculator can be found here. And a guide talking through how Target approaches MVT confidence and traffic estimation can be found here.

Level 2

Thanks, @mosesmaxen! These are great for starting the MVT but not necessarily for helping to evaluate the results of the MVT. We have an MVT that was built in an A/B activity rather than an MVT (on Adobe Support's suggestion) because the MVT would register 2 links in the experience. I found an Adobe confidence calculator however I am unsure how it does the p-value correction for 8 experiences. I am unable to attach it here.

Administrator

Hi @rbooth115! Thanks for taking the time to answer Community Questions today! This question was posted by RYJO2021:

------------

We are seeing huge discrepancy in our a4t activities. Especially redirect tests for comparing two AEM pages. Consulting services/support basically told us it is what it is until a larger issue is resolved on their roadmap. I need to implement a trackedevent for form submission directly in target. In previous roles, we had confirmation pages that made this very easy since they were specific to the form and location it was on the site. For this, the confirmation is in page. Javascript fires that notes the pageid, submit, etc... all the pertinent information. What I need to be able to do is create a adobe.target.trackEvent that identifies that form submit and ideally for only one type of form. I don't want to count other forms when they navigate away from this specific experience. Is this done directly in target? or is this a launch thing? I am at a loss. The documentation is not making it clear. 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/implement-target/client-side/at-js-implementati...

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/activities/success-metrics/success-metrics.html...

------------

Link to original question

Level 2

@rbooth115 One big challenge we have with rolling out a personalization strategy is that currently our CRM data system (Marketo) is not connected to our Adobe Analytics instance. We don't currently have Audience Manager as part of our Adobe suite and after speaking to various consultants at Adobe over the past six months they have told us that there is no simple integration between the two systems. I just wanted to check if you have had any other customers in this situation or if you can think of any solutions to this issue?