Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

☕[AT Community Q&A Coffee Break] 5/12/21, 8am PT: Shannon Hamilton, Group Product Manager for Adobe Target☕

Administrator

Join us for the next monthly Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break

taking place Wednesday, May 12th, 2021 @ 8am PT

Be sure to MARK YOUR CALENDARS with a link to this thread

We'll be joined by Shannon Hamilton, aka @ShannonHamiltonPM, Group Product manager for Adobe Target, who will be signed in here to the Adobe Target Community to chat directly with you on this thread about your Adobe Target questions pertaining to her areas of expertise:

• Integrations
  • Unified Profile
  • Target AEP Integrations
  • Point integrations with other solutions
  • Core UI workflows

REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE 

• Must be signed in to the Community during the 1-hour period 
  • Must post a Question about Adobe Target
  • THAT'S IT!  *(think of this as the Adobe Target Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game) 

INSTRUCTIONS 

• Click the blue “Reply” button at the bottom right corner of this post
  • Begin your Question with @ShannonHamiltonPM
  • When exchanging messages with Shannon about your specific question, be sure to use the editor’s "QUOTE" button, which will indicate which post you're replying to, and will help contain your conversation with ShannonQUOTE BUTTON.png

**For those who have joined an Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break before: please note that we are no longer using formal registration pages for these events - just be sure to Mark Your Calendars to sign in here to the Community on 5/12/21 @ 8am PT, and hop onto this thread for direct answers to your Q’s from Shannon.

Amelia_Waliany_0-1619478424867.jpegShannon supports the end-to-end marketer UI, as well as Target’s authoring APIs and cross Adobe Experience Cloud integrations. Her mandate includes developing Target's integration with AEP's Unified Profile. Previously, she was responsible for the machine learning / AI capabilities within Target, including ML-based personalization and ML-enhanced testing. Shannon holds an MBA from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University, where she specialized in data science and marketing.

Curious about what an Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break looks like? Be sure to check out our past 2020 Adobe Target Coffee Breaks, covering a WIDE variety of Adobe Target topics, and our latest thread from our 2/24/21 Adobe Target Coffee Break with @Rob_Hornick

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

35 Replies

Level 2

Hello. Currently Target has no ability to combine "activity only" audiences with regular audiences from general audience list. For example in our case its impossible to combine audience named "Production Traffic" (from common list) with some of "activity only" audiences. Does Adobe plans to add this functionality?

Level 2

@MihneaD ,
Thanks for the answer, but you misunderstood me. Let me describe it in more precise way. If "A" is activity, "B" is an audience from the global Target audience list, "C" is an "activity only" audience located only inside "A", then it is necessary to be able to enter into activity "A" and create another “activity only” audience "D", which would connect "B" and "C" by using "OR" or "AND" operators.

Employee Advisor

@Kirill_Osokin wrote:

@MihneaD ,
Thanks for the answer, but you misunderstood me. Let me describe it in more precise way. If "A" is activity, "B" is an audience from the global Target audience list, "C" is an "activity only" audience located only inside "A", then it is necessary to be able to enter into activity "A" and create another “activity only” audience "D", which would connect "B" and "C" by using "OR" or "AND" operators.

@Kirill_Osokin,

Ok it sounds like you need to create an audience that brings together a global audience with an "activity only" audience in the context of the "activity only" audience and currently you have not been able to do this.

Here is an alternate workflow: Whenver possible create all audiences as global audiences. This will give you the highest level of flexibility when combining them and you can always pull a global audience to be used in the activity. Additionally lets have you please capture this request along with the business context by going here and clicking on the button: "Share An Idea"

Employee Advisor

@Kirill_Osokin wrote:

Hello. Currently Target has no ability to combine "activity only" audiences with regular audiences from general audience list. For example in our case its impossible to combine audience named "Production Traffic" (from common list) with some of "activity only" audiences. Does Adobe plans to add this functionality?

@Kirill_Osokin,

Activity only audiences are indended to be created on the fly and they are only availble within the context of the activity where they were created. I'd like to point out that it is still possible to accomplish this however you woudl have to re-create the audience in the context of the audience list.

I totally agree that having a feature to push an "activity only" audience to the audience list as a global audience would simplify this process greatly. The best place to add this functionality enhancement request is right here in the Experience League from: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-target-ideas/idb-p/adobe-target-ideas and then click on "Share An Idea"

By posting it in here you've ensured that Shannon will see it and by posting it here additional product managers will also notice it. Thank you so much for this great product enhancement.

Community Advisor

@ShannonHamiltonPM  - profile update (https://developers.adobetarget.com/api/#updating-profiles) has multiple limitations, are there any plans to address these in future? What are the workarounds to overcome these limitations currently?
* limited number of updates: only 1 million updates in 24 hours
* not real-time: update may take up to an hour

@Rajneesh_Gautam_ wrote:

@ShannonHamiltonPM  - profile update (https://developers.adobetarget.com/api/#updating-profiles) has multiple limitations, are there any plans to address these in future? What are the workarounds to overcome these limitations currently?
* limited number of updates: only 1 million updates in 24 hours
* not real-time: update may take up to an hour

We have many options to get data into the Target profile (including some that are real time) -- the update APIs you reference above are just one.  Check out this article for more info: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/implement-target/before-implement/methods/metho...

Employee

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for submitting your questions and logging on! The team and I are excited to answer your burning Adobe Target questions.

Shannon 

Level 1

@ShannonHamiltonPM : How can i exclude users from a campaign activity after x number of exposition ? We already exclude them from AAM segment if they convert, but what about those who still qualify for the activity & don't want to convert. We dont want to sollicitate them forever.

Employee

@sRobergeau wrote:

@ShannonHamiltonPM : How can i exclude users from a campaign activity after x number of exposition ? We already exclude them from AAM segment if they convert, but what about those who still qualify for the activity & don't want to convert. We dont want to sollicitate them forever.

We call this "impression capping". There isn't a direct way to solve this use case today in Target. Depending on your specific use case, a combination of profile scripts (i.e. create a counter for how many times someone saw a specific activity or offer) and audiences (i.e. create an audience based on that profile script) if you have a long-lived activity may be helpful to meet your needs. We are currently building an integration with Offer Decisioning Service which does impression capping natively. 

Level 2

@ShannonHamiltonPM

When do you see real time audiences (not batch-based) from Analytics segments being included in A4T?  Real-Time Customer Data Platform is ok, but I'm not sure why I would need to buy an add on for Target when A4T should be more than reporting focused.

Employee

@aablank1 wrote:

@ShannonHamiltonPM

When do you see real time audiences (not batch-based) from Analytics segments being included in A4T?  Real-Time Customer Data Platform is ok, but I'm not sure why I would need to buy an add on for Target when A4T should be more than reporting focused.

Audiences from Adobe Analytics are processed and historical.  We've made great improvements to the segment latency for processed audiences.  We also provide real-time in session audiences built directly in Adobe Experience Cloud on top of Adobe Analytics events and dimensions: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/core-services/interface/audiences/audience-library.html?lang... . These audiences use real-time raw analytics attributes and may fit your needs.

CDPs provide an opportunity to enrich profile data from multiple sources and work differently than an Analytics platform.  We recently announced a real-time integration with Adobe Target and Adobe Real-Time CDP. This may be another option that works better for your needs.

Employee

@aablank1 wrote:

@ShannonHamiltonPM

Audiences from Adobe Analytics are processed and historical.  We've made great improvements to the segment latency for processed audiences.  We also provide real-time in session audiences built directly in Adobe Experience Cloud on top of Adobe Analytics events and dimensions: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/core-services/interface/audiences/audience-library.html?lang... . These audiences use real-time raw analytics attributes and may fit your needs.

CDPs provide an opportunity to enrich profile data from multiple sources and work differently than an Analytics platform.  We recently announced a real-time integration with Adobe Target and Adobe Real-Time CDP. This may be another option that works better for your needs.

Level 2

@ShannonHamiltonPM 

Hello- we are running Auto Target tests, and the Adobe documentation shows reporting in the UI for Auto Target that compares each experience against control to help users understand how well the targeting is working. Reporting for our live Auto Target tests does not look any different from the other A/B tests. Was this an update to the reporting interface or is it an issue we should sent to Client Care? How should we be interpreting the results that we see in the Auto Target reporting, when the documentation says do not compare the Lift against the other experiences. How do we know how much influence Auto Target has on the results vs using just Auto Allocation that prioritizes the highest converting experience?