Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Submit button

Level 2

I have created a form in LC and the problem is that I want to hide the Submit Form button which is shown next to Highlight Fields button. Is it possible to hide it? If not can anyone tell me how can I change the mentioned button's email address?

Thanks

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

If you include the following javascript in the docReady event of an object in your form, then you can hide the form ribbon:

app.runtimeHighlight = false; 

This will hide the form ribbon when the form is opened.

However I suspect that you are distributing the form and therefore the ribbon is turned on automatically and cannot be closed (not even with the script above). You cannot access / change the appearance of the form ribbon, including the "submit" button in the ribbon.

So if you are distributing the form, then you are stuck with the form ribbon (and the submit button).

If you have a submit button in your form then you can amend the email address there. If you are distributing the form then the next step depends on the version of Acrobat that you are using. In earlier versions if your form did not have a submit button, then you had to supply an email address during the distribute process. There are some screen shots here of distributing in Acrobat v8: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2275090#2275090

In Acrobat v9 the means of distributing a file changed. There are some screen shots of v9 at http://forums.adobe.com/message/1934284#1934284

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 2

Hi

Thank you Niall for your answer. You are right I am distributing my form. I do not know how to create a form that can be filled with Acrobat Reader, can you tell me how can I create such a form.

The problem with submit for button is that I have three different forms and the answers should be sent to three different e-mails. I do not know how to change the email address in the distributing function.

Help, please

Level 10

Hi,

What version of Acrobat do you have? This affects the way the form is distributed.

I would include a "Submit by Email" button on each of your forms and then set the email address specifically in each form. 

If you have developed the form in LiveCycle Designer, then you should be able to open it in Reader; fill it in; print it; and submit it via email (or http). The form will come back to you as xml data file.

Note that users with Reader will not be able to save the information they have typed in, unless you Reader Extend the form. This is another topic and if you search the forum, you get further information.

Also please note that all of your objects and subforms must have a "Normal" binding in the Object/Binding tab; otherwise the information typed in by the user will not come back to you.

Hope this helps,

Niall

Level 10

Hi,

Not having a good day!

Correction: You cannot turn off the highlight fields/submit banner (Document Message Bar), using script. The user can click the button on the left hand side to hide it when they open the form. Or the user can change the preference in Acrobat itself ("Always hide forms document message bar") in the forms tab.

Sorry about the incorrect post, the script I had will just turn off the highlight colour in the form objects.

Good luck,

Niall

Former Community Member

Hi,

What if you dont have the option to ("Always hide forms document message bar") in the forms tab???

My problem is that i have somehow lost the document message bar and cannot get it back. I am working in Livecycle designer and when i preview PDF its not there.

Can someone please help, i need that bar.

Thanks Jen

Level 10

Hi Jen,

Just to be clear, the option for showing/hiding the document message bar (DMB) is in Acrobat/Reader preferences and not LiveCycle Designer.

When I preview a form in LC Designer the DMB is not visible, but when I open the form directly in Acrobat/Reader it is available. The DMB is red/pink in a form, and blue when the form is certified.

If the bar is not visible, then clicking on the top lefthand button should make it visible.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Former Community Member

Thank you.

That worked.

Wonderful, thanks again.

Cheers!