Expand my Community achievements bar.

Send encrypted XML, not 'real' XML

Level 3

I originally put this in a previous post - that was answered, so this bit may have been missed!

I can grab the XML of the completed form using xfa.data.saveXML() and then encrypt it, but how do I then attach the encrypted data to the outgoing email INSTEAD of the original un-encrypted XML?

Thanks,

3 Replies

Former Community Member

You won't be able to automate the attachment of an external file ...you will have to attach it manually.

Paul

Level 3

If I did something like

var encryptDataFile = encryptData.doEncryptData(xfa.data.saveXML());

where I'm calling my encrypt function, then attach 'encryptDataFile' using your add attachments script would that work?

I'm getting increasingly frustrated with the limitations of my current LiveCycle set up (CS4) - I know I can do things like connect to databases, send using web services, save data, etc. but can't just yet! The sooner I get ES 2.5 the better!

Thanks,

Former Community Member

I don't think that code will work. The saveXML() command brings up a dialog that allows the user to choose the file location where the data will be stored .....hence it is not the real data that is to be encrypted. I do not know where your encrypt function resides and what parameter it expects but I would assume it woudl be the data that is to be encrypted ....no?

Your idea of getting the encrypted file in as an attachment to th epdf woudl work ....but remember that it is attached to the pdf and not the email. Sp the reciever woudl have to open the PDF to get at th eembedded attachments to get to your encrypted data.

Paul