Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Calender Default View on Date fields (Needed for Date of Birth Field)

Former Community Member

Hi there.

I have a date of birth ENTRY field in which is a Date Field.

Obviously when a user click the arrow which brings up a calender it automatically goes to the current date.

A user then has to scroll through all the months and years until they get to their date of birth. Unless they know to click on the month, then year which makes the calender show the various months, then various years, then groups of years etc

Is there a way to default the calender so that when a user open it, it shows the groups of years rather than the days current month.

Thanks...hope this makes sense

Will

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi Will,

The functionality of the date/time field is fairly fixed. There is not much you can do to change the built-in behaviour.

However you use a textfield, with a null display pattern. This would show the user the format for the data entry.

Now the solution, uses a complex script/function (in the validation script object). This came from JP Terry's book on LC Designer (which I would strongly recommend).

http://assure.ly/g9gsPx

It might give you some ideas, even if you don't want to go for the whole script solution.

Good luck,

Niall

Assure Dynamics

Former Community Member

Thanks again Niall

It seems Livecycle has some serious shortfalls in terms of some editing

Will

Sent from my iPhone